pic 16f1937 problem

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

aerofrick

pic 16f1937 problem

Post by aerofrick »

Hi
I just bought pic 16f1937 and when I tried to program it in flowcde I came across a problem. In the list of pic microcontrollers I could not find it. Is there a way to program it as an similar pic or is there a file that I should download so that I would add this pic to my pic library?

Jan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: pic 16f1937 problem

Post by Benj »

Hello Jan

These new chips are supported in Flowcode v4 when using the Hi Tech compiler. Im afraid these devices are not currently availabe in BoostC so there is no way of supporting them in v3 of Flowcode.

aerofrick

Post by aerofrick »

Hi

I had a look at the list of pic microcontrollers in V4 at my school but I still could not find this one in the list that opens at the beginning of programming assembly. I have had some similar problem using another program to create PCB circuits but the problem there was when you were in the library and you clicked on the component and then pressed on the button drop, this component was dropped out of the library and you had to bring it back in order to use it again. So my question is if this pic is not in this list is it possible that something similar happened to it? Or could it be that our school has students version of Flowcode V4 and not professional and the students version doesn't have this pic?

Jan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Jan

This device was only added in version v4.2 of Flowcode so it may be that your school needs to update their installation to the latest release version. Update version 4.2 also contains the HI TECH C compiler additions required for the 16F1937 to work.