How do "C Code blocks" work ?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

INSAMan

How do "C Code blocks" work ?

Post by INSAMan »

Hi everyone,

I am using flowcode in a universitary project, and I would be greatly interested in using the "C Code" blocks, but they seem just to be... not executed by the program.

When I create a block like this, and put some code into it, like, for example "answer = 42" (with "anwser" a variable declared in the flowcode variables window), the variable just doesn't change its value when the program runs through the C Code block.

I have also tried to put another thing to see if it's executed or not, like "delay(10000);" or "sleep(1000);" and there's just nothing which appends...

When I click on "help" or I push "F1" key, of course that doesn't work I have a message "The help can't be open" or something like that. So I am totally puzzled with how are we suppose to use "C Code Blocks".

Thanks in advance for you anser.

Regards,

Théo

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: How do "C Code blocks" work ?

Post by Steve »

C code blocks are not simulated, but should work fine when the code is sent to the chip.

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: How do "C Code blocks" work ?

Post by Sean »

See this thread for a description of the naming convention used when accessing Flowcode variables from C (no simulation)

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... cv_#p12745