Printing Feature Request

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

canipus

Printing Feature Request

Post by canipus »

Steve, Ben

Any chance of adding an option (user selectable) for the filename to be printed in the header margin of the page when printing fcf files. At the moment if you have several charts printed there is no easy identification amongst them.
Ideally a professional title box would be nice with project name, version, author, filename, date and time but I realize that may have to wait with all the other things in the pipeline...so maybe the filename (without the .fcf extention), printed out at the top of the page to start with - for the next update?

That alone would be a nice enhancement.

thanx for listening

Canipus

Mark

Making what is good better

Post by Mark »

I agree with the above.

I would also like to have an option to print out the variables list (also for the list to arrange itself alphabetically) and for the macros list.

A way to print out the supplementary code boxes would also be helpful.

Apologies if the above can already be done.

On something different, the option for a fixed number of loops in the 'while' function is great for making tidier programming. What would enhance this is having ready access to the variable that is used (it is obvious what it is from the C code), for example, to enable an array to be easily run through. Whilst using the loop=0 and loop=loop+1 calculation boxes in the usual way does the job it reduces what would otherwise be a high level piece of flowchart coding back down to something akin to assembler. Anyway, not a big issue but something I would like to have.

I would also be interested to know if the consensus is to put the emphasis of an ever longer list of components or whether enhancing the main programme is where people would like to see development effort placed.

For my part the main programme features are the way to go as there is a never ending list of add on components and most folk, I suspect, will in any case want some sort of variation to fit their own needs.

ps this is not to denigrate the work on a frequency divider /VCO component, after all, if a piece of working code is offered it would seem churlish to turn it down.

In any case, this is in my view all about making a great product better :)
Go with the Flow.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Thanks for the input guys. You both have some good suggestions there and we appreciate the feedback regarding our product. I will pass your comments onto Steve as Flowcode is his project.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

All suggestions noted - thanks for these.

On the subject of printing title information for Flowcode macros, here's a quick workaround: You could add an appropriate "description" to each macro (double-click above the "Start" icon, or select "Macro..edit description").