Welcome to the Flowcode V6 Beta Forums!

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Welcome to the Flowcode V6 Beta Forums!

Post by DavidA »

Hey All,

Welcome to these forums! Firstly we want to thank you for your interest in Flowcode v6 and to all of you participating in the Beta, thanks for your effort in helping us to create a better product come release.

For all those who havent downloaded/signed up for the Beta yet, please login to your Matrix Account and click on the "Flowcode v6 Beta" button for more information.

The Flowcode wiki is now LIVE and is available to view here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/wiki/in ... =Main_Page

Use the documentation here to help you use the product.

Disclaimers on the Beta:
- There will be BUGS! This is a beta and not a finished product, please be aware that there will be bugs in this software.
- We cannot guarantee that any programs/projects created in the Beta will work in the final version, please dont complain about this!!
- Beta keys are for 30days initially, we may extend this if the Beta is needed to be extended.

***Rules on Posting in the Beta Forum:***

Posting Bugs
  • Please create a separate thread for each bug
  • Title the post with the capitalized "BUG:"
  • Post as detailed a description of the bug and its effects as possible
  • Post screenshots to help illustrate the bug
  • Post your system specs, CPU, Gfx card, RAM
  • Post your Operating System and whether it is 32bit or 64bit
  • Bugs must be reproducible - Give as detailed a description as possible on how to replicate the bug
Posting Feature Suggestions
  • Title the post with the capitalized "FEAT:"
  • Be aware that the program is largely finished and no major suggestions will be able to be processed prior to the final release
  • Detailed reasoning why you believe that the suggestion should be implemented
  • Mock ups or screenshots explaining the suggestion better are also beneficial
  • Comment or add your own opinions to other peoples suggestions if you believe them to be valid/useful ones
Posting Documentation Changes
  • Title the post with the capitalized "DOC:"
  • If you think you need more explanation on a topic please let us know, we may be able to create a new documentation page on this
  • Please link to the page which has the issue/problem
  • Quote the paragraph where the issue occurs
  • Suggested changes should be in another colour to help us highlight the changes as soon as possible please
  • If you do wish to help out with the documentation please contact a Matrix Admin
Developer Interaction
  • Please be aware that we are all working hard to get Flowcode out and may not be able to reply to every post, we will do our best however to ensure that all bugs/suggestions are looked over
  • Please be polite/nice at all times, and thats to everyone and not just us :)

CarlH

Re: Welcome to the Flowcode V6 Beta Forums!

Post by CarlH »

Hi Guys,

Just as an addition to this, as a beta has been released we will be aiming towards providing a patchset once a week if possible to install on top of the v6 installation. This allows us to get into a structured delivery routine rather than allowing various files to fly out all-over the forum etc. Please bear with us over the next few weeks :D

Cheers,
Carl.

CarlH

Post by CarlH »

Hi All,

It's pretty much holiday week this week at Matrix, so most of my team are taking a well deserved break. Ben is back Friday this week, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for any responses from Jonny - he's away in Greece (lucky for some)

Cheers,
Carl.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Carl
Since when has that stopped jonny :lol:
thanks for the heads up as ive been trying to contact benj re the arduino stuff

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

CarlH wrote: Just as an addition to this, as a beta has been released we will be aiming towards providing a patchset once a week if possible to install on top of the v6 installation. This allows us to get into a structured delivery routine rather than allowing various files to fly out all-over the forum etc. Please bear with us over the next few weeks
Hi Carl,

Looking at the number of update files we've seen over the past weeks, would it be possible (and a good idea) to create a patchset or a new beta? I am unsure which updates I've currently applied (I might have missed some) and there is no easy way to check (afaik).

Best regards,

Jac
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

CarlH

Post by CarlH »

Hi Jac,

Yes, we were planning on a weekly patch, however with most of my team away on holidays, we held off this as later this week we'll be releasing another beta (general public).

The idea going forward is:
Main release (installer) 6.0 (September), 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 etc will be classed as minor releases and will be done using a full installers. Inbetween minor versions we will supply regular patches wrapped up in a small .exe file. The patch files will be cumulative.

Also imminently, access to a bugs report page will be made available.

Hope this helps a little.
Carl.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Carl,

Do you consider a public beta a good idea? Given the amount of issues outstanding (crashing executable, issues with simulation, only PIC compiler available to name a few) I would go for another private beta which fixes for those issues first. If the current beta group does not bury the developers with new reports a public beta would make sense. But that is just my take on things :-)

Best regards,

Jac
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

CarlH

Post by CarlH »

Hi Jac,

I'd posted the reply before I caught up on the issues list! We'll definately get an updated beta out to you guys this week.

Carl.

Mantas

Post by Mantas »

What happened? I can't see all the topics. They are all gone!
Science is my true religion.

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI Mantas
Dont panic, the closed beta threads have been moved. As matrix are preparing for the open Beta, so starting with a clean forum

REgards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Mantas

Post by Mantas »

dazz wrote:HI Mantas
Dont panic, the closed beta threads have been moved. As matrix are preparing for the open Beta, so starting with a clean forum

REgards
Dazz
Hi Dazz,

Pheww I thought something happened to my account :)

Regards,
Mantas
Science is my true religion.

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. Sorry! My fault.

Much of the stuff from the closed beta doesn't need to be exposed to the open beta, so I moved the posts to the VC forum so we have a clean(ish) forum ready. Thinking back, thats probably something worth telling someone about...

Jonny

Evan Long

Post by Evan Long »

Have tried to register twice with different email addresses and revived no replies to either email address. So unable to download V6 beta. any help appreciated.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Evan,

Thanks we will look into this issue for you. Out of interest can you tell me which email host you are using e.g. yahoo, gmail etc. Could be our emails are being flagged as spam by said server for some reason though we are not on any blacklists that I am aware of. Also worth checking your spam folders to see if anything has ended up in there.

Evan Long

Post by Evan Long »

Hi I am using an aol email account for both

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Evan,

I've had reports from others that AOL emails have been becoming less and less reliable and that people are moving away from AOL email.
http://blog.wordtothewise.com/2012/10/m ... ms-at-aol/

Could you perhaps sign up for a gmail, yahoo or hotmail account as this should work without any issues?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Alternatively PM your useraccount and i will activate it manually for you