If you cant login to the beta pages or activate V6

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

dazz

If you cant login to the beta pages or activate V6

Post by dazz »

HI All
If you cant login to the beta pages ,its because you haven't registered on that site yet.
So follow link on newsletter create an account and sign in sorted
also these details will be needed when activating

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Jay Dee

Re: If you cant login to the beta pages or activate V6

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi Guys...and sorry, I did not think i was this dumb but activation is being a real pain.
I clicked to download V6, my old matrix sign in password did not work (as far as i could tell) so renewed password. - All good.
Downloaded and installed V6. - all good.
On first running V6 is need activation code, but my user name and password return "Activation Failed This is an invalid key, please check you have entered a legitimate username and licence key"
So I thought I might need to register specifically for V6 activation, however that is not possible even with different username and password, as I am using the same email address and it wont let you register.

Something is a bit screwy..
Do you need to register for each specific matrix area...i.e. separate registrations for the main matrix site, the Forum site, V6 Beta download, V6 activation. ONLY, If this is the case, shouldn't the registration page tell you what you are registering for?
If that is not the case..the on-line activation is not working for me, even using working/current user name and password... it could be the same for others.
J.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Jay
You need to register for the beta download then use the username password you created for that site to activate, if you did that and it still doesnt work, i think there might be an issue with the activation server which will get looked at tommorow

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi Dazz,
Yeah I pretty sure I did that correctly, since it took me to the 'Matrix Internal Area' where I downloaded the V6 Beta. I use the same username/password throughout the matrix website so I'm not sure how I could be entering the wrong info..unless I entered a bum keystroke during registering for beta...hmm?

As an aside...The only thing i would say is that when registering for different parts of the website...the generic registration screen does not let you know what your registering for...as such, I initially assumed that I just needed to enter my generic Matrix logon info and not have to do a specific V6 registation. Which is what I believe I finally did to get to the Internal Area.
I'll wait till morn and see if the big cheese's can shed any light... I may yet have to eat humble pie!
J.

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Jay.
Yeah I pretty sure I did that correctly, since it took me to the 'Matrix Internal Area' where I downloaded the V6 Beta. I use the same username/password throughout the matrix website so I'm not sure how I could be entering the wrong info..unless I entered a bum keystroke during registering for beta...hmm?

Do you need to register for each specific matrix area...i.e. separate registrations for the main matrix site, the Forum site, V6 Beta download, V6 activation. ONLY, If this is the case, shouldn't the registration page tell you what you are registering for?
You are not being dumb at all - this is a new system an as such may need smoothing out - what is obvious to the person who designs a system is not necessarily obvious to those who have to figure things out. Feedback like this can hopefully help improve things.

I think at present there is no global login for everything. maybe this is something we have to consider, but we cant give everyone with a forum account a purchase account (as a choice for forum passwords is not considered secure) and we can not expect everyone who signs up to change their forum details or auto-create an account. Still, the option would be nice so we do not need so many login details.

Dave will know more details than me and hopefully tomorrow we can get to the bottom of your problem.

Jonny

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

I have the same problem with activating not possible :?:

What to do PLS

Jorgen

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi guys, I will look into the activation issues tomorrow as soon as possible,

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

Thanks guys...did tech support myself back in the day and know is no easy solution..thanks for looking at it.
appreciate that you need to segregate access...was just a bit confusing I guess
J.