ADC component dissapears

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

acestu

ADC component dissapears

Post by acestu »

Hi,

First of all Congratulations Matrix on release of the Beta of Flowcode 6.

I am not sure if this is a Bug or whether I am not using the interface properly, however I just started a simple chart with an LCD display and an ADC component, now when I simulate the chart the ADC component disappears from the screen and I can't change the dial, or do I change it somewhere else now ?

cheers
Acestu :D
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

JonnyW

Re: ADC component dissapears

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Acestu.

Sounds like you are using the ADC base component.

In v6 in order to accommodate different variations of the same component, components can inherit traits off each other. The ADC is one example - we have a non-graphical Base component, then several graphical interfaces sitting on top of this.
adc_types.png
(52.95 KiB) Downloaded 5415 times

You sound like you are using the base. Because this doesn't really have a graphic associated with it, Flowcode slaps the components icon on a cube and displays this while in design mode. To avoid clutter this disappears during simulation.

Several of the components have bases associated with them. I will see if I can get a short tutorial on making your own switch, ADC, etc, from the base tomorrow - time and bugs permitting!

Jonny

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Johny,

Yes its all very different now, the Help dosen't work so I am trying to figure it out for myself, I found the knobs and dials so I added a knob on the dashboard but I couldn't find a way of linking it to the ADC component, a tutorial would be brill, I know you are still very busy so don't worry if you can't find time, I am sure I will work it out....

cheers
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Sorry Jonny, I got your name wrong !! :oops:

cheers
Acestu

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Stuart,
acestu wrote:I couldn't find a way of linking it to the ADC component,
ADC1.png
(153.81 KiB) Downloaded 5405 times
What you will find is component selection or port is done via component properties.
Right click on component on the System panel (Or Dash board if applicable) the select properties.
On properties select Channel
A new window will open you just select the connection from dropdown list, or on the component pins them self:
ADC2.png
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 5405 times
Sorry its a bit rushed I did not realise it was so late :(

Martin
Martin

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Martin

Long time no speak, hope your ok, it looks like its a new lerning curve for FC6 , I have only had about 3 hours on it really so hopefully things will start to fall in place, thanks for your reply..

cheers
Acestu :D

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

I'm fine thanks, was busy last night so did not get the time I would have liked to with V6.

Re analogue:
To alter the values of pots more accurately:
Go to view menu, select Analogue inputs.
Select Raw for 0 to 1023
Byte for 0 to 255 etc.
Just left click (hold down and move mouse) on the rectangle next to correct An channel to adjust.
Or for better resolution:
Hold down left mouse button and instead of dragging press left and right arrows keys on you keyboard.
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi.
Yes its all very different now, the Help dosen't work so I am trying to figure it out for myself, I found the knobs and dials so I added a knob on the dashboard but I couldn't find a way of linking it to the ADC component, a tutorial would be brill, I know you are still very busy so don't worry if you can't find time, I am sure I will work it out....
Yes, we need the documentation to complete. I'll see if I can link the components in the next patch. Our wiki is here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/wiki/index.php, but is not 100% complete yet and many examples are still to do.

Luckily Martin and others are about that can explain things better than I ever could!
Sorry Jonny, I got your name wrong !!
Don't worry, it happens all the time, I only spell it without a 'h' to be awkward!

Cheers,

Jonny