RS232

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

wayne millard

RS232

Post by wayne millard »

It is a great shame that the simulated RX and TX window for RS232 has gone and only a red and green arrows are now only shown.

Wayne

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: RS232

Post by medelec35 »

Martin

wayne millard

Post by wayne millard »

Comms console window could do with a clear window button because when window is full you cant see any more data.

Wayne

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Is there no right button menu with a clear option? (Not near FC6 system so I can't check)
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Wayne,
The console window is scrolling all the time so when full, the top line (first in) moves out of the console, and a new line is added to the bottom.
There is a right click Clear Text option (Jac is correct, not bad for a guess :) ).
I will be honest.
I thought the console idea was bad at first as I preferred the way it was with V5.
I did suggest that the console should display simultaneous text, say from I2C and RS232 so the ability to add a whole new Tab group was added.
This made the idea of console better that it was in my eyes but I believe there are still improvements that can be made to it, before Im fully happy with it.

I would like at least one tab to faithfully simulate RS232 how it would appear in comms software like hyperterminal.
Reason for this is I use Rs232 for diagnostics and generally displaying multiple variable values and text on one line.

Currently with Console it's not possible.
However Ben did state:
Benj wrote:Remember it's a beta and we are looking to try and make a better product.
I admire MatixMultimedia for making this open beta.
I'm sure when all the tweaking has been done, it will be a shining example of a great product!
Martin