Only 1 instance of FC6 at a time ? - Resolved

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

acestu

Only 1 instance of FC6 at a time ? - Resolved

Post by acestu »

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is supposed to be, maybe because FC6 is a Beta, but you can't open 2 instances of FC6 ie 2 different charts, also when you double click on a FC6 file the program opens then closes straight away..

Thanks
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Only 1 instance of FC6 at a time ?

Post by Benj »

Hi Stu,

Are you running the latest patchset 2? If not then please can you update and check to see if the problem still exists.

I run multiple instances on my dev machine so I can copy code from one program to another, wonder if it could be a license issue? If you click the shortcut from the start menu does this allow you to open more then one instance?

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi
Just tried multiple instances on both my systems, works fine. (Both running latest patch) I didnt try it with earlier versions so dont know if there was a problem

Also FYI I can only run FC on one (networked) system at a time so that part of the licence is working ok.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't see patch set 2 there, as it is quite new, anyway I have installed and I can now open multiple charts, however with nothing open if I double click on a FC6 chart icon the program tries to open but closes straight away...

Thanks
Acestu

System Used:
Windows XP Pro 32 bit
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.