Help with EB076 component Please

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

acestu

Help with EB076 component Please

Post by acestu »

Hi,

I have been trying to make a chart with Benj's new EB076 4D component but it was not long before it went wrong, I added the component first, and then in my chart I added the READ OBJECT macro but when I put in the same info that is in Benj's demo a warning box comes up and says component missing when it is clearly there, I am sure I have probably left something out somewhere, here is a pic of the message:
EB076Error.png
(42.61 KiB) Downloaded 5136 times
Thanks
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

acestu

Re: Help with EB076 component Please

Post by acestu »

Hi,

I have just been reading through the posts and Benj in one of the posts has said that he has spotted a bug, so I am going to see if I can resolve it now...

Thanks
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Stu,

Was this the comment?
Edit: Just spotted a bug, when loading a value from the premade constants for the Visi ReadObject and WriteObject macros they load in as this "gLCD_EB076_4D::VISI_ID_Gauge" but should be edited so they look like this "gLCD_EB076_4D1::VISI_ID_Gauge" e.g. add the 1 after 4D. We are looking into this bug now.

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. That should be fixed in the latest patch now - it should use the correct component name.

Jonny

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Guys,

Yes Benj, that was the comment,

It is not fixed in Patch 2 Jonny because I have just had to change it by hand, so I got that part working but could you tell me what this value is for the "Read Byte From Message" macro ?
indexbyte.png
(17.08 KiB) Downloaded 5129 times
Thanks
Acestu

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Stu,

The Visi read object function talks to the display and gets one of the visi components to generate a report which is then automatically received. The read byte from message macro allows you to pull out the data from the report. Index value 4 should be the data byte which should be the state of the rocker switch. If you float the mouse over the ReadByteFromMessage it should tell you what all the index values mean.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Benj,

I have downloaded your Visi-Demo and all I have done is change the device to a Pic16F877A, I have also removed the events from the rocker switches in 4D Workshop however I can't get it to do anything, do you have any ideas ?

I have had a look for the baud rate settings on the component but I can't find it anywhere, the baud rate on the display is 9600

thanks
Acestu