RX/TX Flasher ?

Forum for Flowcode v6 beta users

Moderator: Benj

acestu

RX/TX Flasher ?

Post by acestu »

Hi,

I was just wondering if somebody could confirm that I am using this device properly, do I just add it to the panel of a chart that uses rs232 and it flashes when the chart is simulated ?, only I have added it to Benj's Visi-Demo chart and it dosen't seem to do anything and there are no settings...

thanks
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: RX/TX Flasher ?

Post by Benj »

Hi Stu,

The TX/RX Flasher is a cosmetic component we add to comms component to give them a front end. We have to manually light the LEDs on the flasher when data is sent or received by the comms component.

The EB076 component does not have the flasher and can only communicate to the display from the embedded target. I asked if anyone wanted the simulation to actually communicate with the hardware and don't think I got a reply to that so currently it doesn't do this. Simple to add if you think it's useful.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Benj,

Yes I think it would be very useful to have, what does anybody else think ? , I would add a poll on here if I could...

cheers
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Stu,

One vote was all I was really looking for. I'll get it added for you. Not sure why polls are not working in this forum. Hopefully we can get this resolved.

Not managed to find my new 4D display and USB cable yet but I'll have another dig before I leave tonight and then I can hopefully have a play over the weekend and provide some better working examples. The Mikroelektronika displays have a similar interface so be nice to support these too, might have to wait until after the release for that.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Thanks Benj,

That's great news, if you can't find your display though, I have a spare 1 here that I could send you, just let me know.

cheers
Acestu

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

After some frantic digging I found my display and USB cable so no worries there, cheers for the offer.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Benj,

That's good news, I have also been looking at the Mikroelectronica TFT Displays but the documentation doesn't seem to be as good for them...

cheers
Acestu