Quad 7 seg led display

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

jgu1

Quad 7 seg led display

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

I need some help. (Again) please.

I've tried to do some tests with quad 7 seg display in FC6, It's not succeeded. To be sure I'm not doing anything wrong, I downloaded MM examples, From here: http://www.matrixtsl.com/flowcode_help/ ... amples.php (The att. exaples) nor it worked in real world.
I use MM's EB008 display board, common anode.
When I simulate it seems to be working, but In real World, the only thing I can see worked, is the last digit. I control The signal output from A0 to A3 with my scoope to check the output to common when multiplexing. I can see the A3 that switch on the common anode for the last digit (wich Work) is inverted compared to the other.

Have I forgotten something or is it a bug

Thanks in advance

Jorgen
Attachments
StopWatch.fcfx
(26.3 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Quad 7 seg led display

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jorgen,
Only one of the forur 7seg can display a digit at a time.
So what was happening is each segment was on for such a short period at a time the only segment you can see was the last one.
This is due to the last segment was on for longer than the first three.
Try The attached flowchart and see if it works any better.

Martin
Attachments
StopWatch V2.fcfx
(26.82 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Martin

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Martin!

again you are my rescuer, thank´s :lol: after your correction it Work, and I can see you have made big changes in the program and I have study the program

But how can it be MM's example does not Work. :wink:

Anyway, it all started with your amazing clock with RTC. (manually adjustment) http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 26&t=16392

I have some giant seven segment display and would like to use these display in your project because I am very impressed by this clock. I tried unsuccessfully to convert from LCD to seven segment display. Then I would try with some examples from MM.

I dare to ask, is it too much to ask if you would converting program from LCD to 7 seg disp. :roll:

It would be nice with showing only time, min and sec.

Best regard

Jorgen

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jorgen,
jgu1 wrote:I dare to ask, is it too much to ask if you would converting program from LCD to 7 seg disp.

It would be nice with showing only time, min and sec.
I'm sure I can make it work, but it may be a bit awkard to adjust the time with hours not showing.
Would yo be able to get more displays so hours can be displayed as well?

Martin
Martin

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Martin!

It sounds really good it must of course be when you have time for it. And of course in meanwhile, I will do my own try. I can see that it is necessary to use modulus to split up the variables. :?

I probably expressed myself wrong: time = hours

So it would be nice if the clock/watch could show: Hours, minute, second. Yes I have 9 big digit. Ex. 22.10.49

Thank´s in advance

Jorgen

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jorgen,
How are you getting on with your flowchart?
If you can post it so I can see all the pins 7segs and switches are connected to then I see if I can help further.
Martin

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Martin!

Thank's for your Care.

Unfortunately, I did not come on. I have been busy , so there has not been much time for hobbies .But your project with clock with LCD display is still running and is easy to use and very very accurate.

My big wish is to convert the project from LCD to Seven segment, and as soon I get some second available again ( soon) I try again.

My biggest job is to use modulus. I am not hardcore with this, but I have to learn.

Martin you hear from me, even if I have succes or not :lol:

Best regard

Jorgen

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Martin.. yeah - now please advise me how to post the flowcode to you.?? I would like to keep it private.. as it is a commercial venture..

I not actually sure how the stopwatch code enhances the writing to the LED displays.??

I would still like you to evaluate my LED writing code. I expect that you would pick holes in it.. but I believe that the inbuilt code inside flowcode, should be much more... how can we say..?? much more accesible.. so that we can change it.. I have used the normal.. macro writing routines.. which are stock standard.. but very disillusioned, when exercised in hardware. I would believe that using common ANODE LED's .. we as flowcode writers, should have the option to increase the common ANODE/CATHODE, on times.. so that the transistors driving the common electrodes, are on for a longer time, before being commutated, and moved on, to the next output.

Also - another "bug" has come up in the last 24 hours, and this concerns the atmel AVR328P chip. I use PC06 (pin 1 - RESET pin) of the 328P as an I/O.. If so doing.. you can use a fuse setting, to DISABLE the RESET function, of that pin - PC06... Whilst doing this fuse set.. you actually "brick" the processor chip.!!!.
(I did not know this)... so I attempted this fuse setting exercise, using a FUSE CALCULATOR... arrived at the correct HEX values...like 0x59.. and then used AVRDUDE.EXE to do the work.. The chip was set.. I put into the breadboard circuit.. hmmm.. and 'scoped' the RESET pin... still at a '1' level... hmmm... so still perplexed.. I tried to work with the 328P chip again, in the programmer... but gee.. hmmm... it was "bricked"..

I scanned all over the internet.. found a very nice little opensource shield.. (LOL.. sounds like sword and shield)... http://www.mightyohm.com, and the guy writes in a comment on his page.. that you will brick the chip, if you make RESET pin, an I/O... so I am surprised... so we have atmel AVR doing this to our fun... WOW... so now besides having to have a normal programmer, you have to have a HV shield, as well, just to recover your chips, say.. for the next debugging round.. OW.. Hope you or anyone.. has some experience here, and can tell me, and others, reading this, how to overcome this ....'glitch'..??

Thanks Martin.. I hope you can help.. ??
regards
Spen.