Flowcode Release Candidate 6.0.6

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode Release Candidate 6.0.6

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Rudi,
Rudi wrote:Hi Martin, thank you for fast help!
No problem bud.

Can you try the attached flowchart.
I believe it does what you want, but I'm not an expert with that part of simulation side.
Rudi wrote:The third party simulator - is this in FC ?
No, any product that is not a part of Flowcode
E.g PIC Simulator IDE by Oshon Software
Or
Real Real Pic Simulator by Digital Electro Soft
See:This Example
Real pic only has a limited range and they are 10F,12F & 16F series

There is also the free simulator that is within MPLAB.

For 18F series you etiher could use
PIC18 Simulator IDE by Oshon Software or MPLAB version.
There maybe more simulators I don't know about.

Martin
Attachments
TestWithLabel V2.fcfx
(4.05 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Martin

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

medelec35 wrote:Hi Rudi,

Can you try the attached flowchart.
I believe it does what you want, but I'm not an expert with that part of simulation side.

Hi Martin ;-)

TY - this works like i need ;-)
TY very much!

mhm...

label1::text

Martin Martin ;-) where you know from this...

;-)...where i can read this :-) ;-) :LOL

it must then always from panel -> then "subclass" -> then properties..

? this is done with ::

ok.. i have a play with this next time .
my thinking was wrong? .....Panel..SetText.. = Value..
mhm
..( i really not understand why ;-) but yours run - i will make this then in future ..)

::
mmh
;-)

medelec35 wrote:
Rudi wrote:The third party simulator - is this in FC ?
No, any product that is not a part of Flowcode
E.g PIC Simulator IDE by Oshon Software
Or
Real Real Pic Simulator by Digital Electro Soft
See:This Example
Real pic only has a limited range and they are 10F,12F & 16F series

There is also the free simulator that is within MPLAB.

For 18F series you etiher could use
PIC18 Simulator IDE by Oshon Software or MPLAB version.
There maybe more simulators I don't know about.

Martin
Ok - i have noted. I give this a try - ty for your links.
;-)

Best wishes!
Rudi
;-)

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Rudi wrote:i really not understand why but yours run
Don't worry you're not the only one.
I don't fully understand that bit either :wink:
So long as it works that's the main thing.
Thanks for letting us know.

Martin
Martin

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

USB SERIAL
=========
PIC18F2550
48000000CLK
20MHz Crystal

I have make a simple Test Projekt with USB Serial.

All was fine, USB Serial Initialize and in WIN the COM Port was set to COM 66.

Then I want make a second test with the ICON Interupt for --crazy-- USBINT0 -- only for a Test how this go on and make a simple Macro for call it "USB Send String "INT was done"...
because i want send a simple echo if DATA comes to the USB Serial by a INT like a RS232..

Ok..
after I append this INT for USBINT0, compile ready done, Flash ok, start, the USB was not Initilalize again right ( is correct.. ) ..
so i make in the INT Icon a Customizer C Code simple by // all Code like the pictures..
and give them a next try, saved, compile, Flash, start .. and again.. USB Serial not Initialize again right....mhm...?

ok..
so i have see in C Code View, that FC not all from ICON INT Makro clear automatic if Customer C Code is // the INT Cocde...
...see the picture.

So only a delete the INT Icon clear the Code right!!

After save, recompile, Flash and start... USB Serial is working right again next start.

Best wishes
Rudi
;-)

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Rudi,

1) The USB interrupt is used for the USB stack. If you want to use the USB stack, do not use USB interrupt yourself as you will break the USB stack.
2) The interrupt will be called even when no characters are being received so you can not use it to check for incoming characters.

Best regards,

Jac
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

kersing wrote:Rudi,

1) The USB interrupt is used for the USB stack. If you want to use the USB stack, do not use USB interrupt yourself as you will break the USB stack.
2) The interrupt will be called even when no characters are being received so you can not use it to check for incoming characters.

Best regards,

Jac
Hi Jac,

Best Thank!

I have think by myself the same.. ;-)... so i have only make a stupid Test.. ;-)

I only Test "Deaktive" / "Active" the INT ICON by simple // to the INT Icon by Customize C Code, but this not clear all in C Code what the INT ICON makes if it append to the Flowchart.

So i Know now, if i search a Mistake in "my code" i can not rely solely on only by // in Customize Code - better the complete "ICON" must delete.

Again Thank you for your very fast help .. today is sunday .. so Best Thank to you!!! ( i play with this just in Time )

Best wishes!
Rudi
;-)

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

kersing wrote:Rudi,

Jac, btw, how can i make a interrupt if characters are beeing received..characters are incomming?
I think i can make a Interrupt by a "receive variable" is "true"..?

Best wishes!
Rudi
;-)

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Rudi wrote: I only Test "Deaktive" / "Active" the INT ICON by simple // to the INT Icon by Customize C Code, but this not clear all in C Code what the INT ICON makes if it append to the Flowchart.
Changing the contents of the icon to comments does not make the macro go away. So the original USB code is effectively still replaced by your test macro and the generated interrupt handler code. (Line 1050 (in 02.jpg) resets the USB interrupt flag, so when the original USB code is called there is no interrupt to process.)

BTW, I am not an Matrix employee. None of the Valued Contributors are. We are just users trying to help other users.

― C.S. Lewis

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Rudi wrote:how can i make a interrupt if characters are beeing received..characters are incomming?
I think i can make a Interrupt by a "receive variable" is "true"..?
I am not aware of any way to generate an interrupt for incoming characters with the USB Serial component. You will need to call the Receive Character method with a very small timeout to check for incoming data (and get the data as well)

― C.S. Lewis

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

kersing wrote:
Rudi wrote: I only Test "Deaktive" / "Active" the INT ICON by simple // to the INT Icon by Customize C Code, but this not clear all in C Code what the INT ICON makes if it append to the Flowchart.
Changing the contents of the icon to comments does not make the macro go away. So the original USB code is effectively still replaced by your test macro and the generated interrupt handler code. (Line 1050 (in 02.jpg) resets the USB interrupt flag, so when the original USB code is called there is no interrupt to process.)
This Jac, this was the reason to test this. Exact!
I experint with this - because i do not know how and why the Baudrategenerator is flip hardwaremode - softwaremode - and why the usb slave not go on corerctly .
i think in the formula is a mistake too...

i have many "learn by doing" and look in o the C Code Window... because .. DOCU is "empty" ;-) ... a.h... --- but i can ´help sometime me self...
but not all i understand by experiment how FC this handle...
kersing wrote:
BTW, I am not an Matrix employee. None of the Valued Contributors are. We are just users trying to help other users.

This is fine Jac - thank you!
I will also help in german forum if i can give answere, because then many user can handle FC from day to day better... and perhabs they can help Back in an other Theme if they can handle FC by self...
so all can profit from any someone.. I am a big Fan f FC ..but some days i can delete it too ;-) ;-) :-) ... this makes fun and ghost with me ;-) ;-) ;-)... but i like it so..
Thank you Jac!! & Martin ;-)..

Best wishes!!!
Rudi
:-)

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Rudi wrote:This Jac, this was the reason to test this. Exact!
I experint with this - because i do not know how and why the Baudrategenerator is flip hardwaremode - softwaremode - and why the usb slave not go on corerctly .
i think in the formula is a mistake too...
Baudrate generator for what? And USB slave on which device?
Rudi wrote:i have many "learn by doing" and look in o the C Code Window... because .. DOCU is "empty" ;-) ... a.h... --- but i can ´help sometime me self...
but not all i understand by experiment how FC this handle...
The documentation can be found on the wiki. For normal use of Flowcode (creating flowcharts) that should be all you need. For the internals you should not expect documentation as internals change over time. You will not get documentation on the internals of Microsoft Word either. And Apple explicitly prohibits using anything but the public APIs for IOS devices.

In my opinion, when you use Flowcode, write flowcharts. If you need to add C code for something you should not try to use Flowcode internal functions. Stick to regular C functions... That has worked without any issues for me for well over 5 years.

Best regards,

Jac

― C.S. Lewis

kevsmith52871

Post by kevsmith52871 »

Hi Benj,
We are medical device company in providence RI. We are tryingto use Flowcode for our device but we can not get the simluation to run on our hardware. We wanted to talk to you to see if you knew of a contractor who knows flow code really well and who we could hire to get our flowcode projects to run on our hardware. We could send our hardware and Flow Code projects to them and do this remotely also.
Thanks
Kevin