Arduino Programming In Flowcode v6

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Benj
Matrix Staff

Arduino Programming In Flowcode v6

Post by Benj »

Hello,

A few of our users have said they have problems getting their Arduino hardware up and running with Flowcode v6 so I thought I would write a quick post on how it's done.

First of all I have downloaded the latest Arduino software and installed it.

Once installed I plugged in my Arduino Uno board to the USB, skipped the fruitless Windows update driver search and it then installed itself as an Uno on COM9.
DevMan.jpg
DevMan.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 67689 times
The AVR device selection window has the category names hidden by default, expand the window sideways and the names will appear.

My device is the Arduino R3 PDIP.
DevSel.jpg
DevSel.jpg (79.56 KiB) Viewed 67689 times
I then created a simple program to test out the programming functionality.
SimpProg.jpg
SimpProg.jpg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 67689 times
Compiling to chip I get the following messages.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\BenR\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FL5209~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avrdude.exe" -p m328p -P usb -c avrispmkii -U flash:w:"Flowcode3.hex"                      
avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

Error returned from [avrdude]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc.bat reported error code 1
To fix this we have to click on Build -~> Compiler Options and then select the AVR Default.

Click the Save Disk icon up near the top of the window to create a new set of configurable options.

You will be asked for a setting name, I will use "Arduino Uno R3" but any memorable name will work, Target platform is AVR, Compiler Language is C and create in group is AVR.
CompNew.jpg
CompNew.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 67689 times
Click Ok and then make sure your new setting is set to be the default.

Next click the Programmer tab and you will now be able to edit the data in the fields.

Take the Location and change the text to this.

$(appdir)compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat

Take the Parameters and change the text to this.

$(chipalt) stk500 com9 115200 "$(target).hex"

Here is a list of baud rates and programmer options for the different Arduino targets.
ArduinoBoards.txt
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 2412 times
The COM port number should match that assigned by the device manager.

***IMPORTANT NOTE***
There has been reports that the ATMEL AVRDUDE program does not handle COM ports over COM9 very well, if the COM port your Arduino device is assigned is over COM9 then you need to un-assign a lower COM port.

- It may not work if you manually assign a COM port, you may have to assign a lower COM port, scan for hardware changes, then uninstall the device and then reinstall allowing Windows to assign a COM port below 9.

- Sometimes if a COM port is changed it is locked out and may require a computer reboot if a COM port is changed – be aware of this.

CompOpts.jpg
CompOpts.jpg (79.19 KiB) Viewed 67684 times
Finally the batch file included with 6.0.3 has a bug which looks in the wrong place for the programming software. This file has the issue fixed.
avrc_arduinoA.bat
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 2612 times
Place into the following directory - "Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles"

Now when I click compile to chip in Flowcode.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\BenR\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FL5209~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avrdude.exe" -p m328p -P com9 -b 115200 -c stk500 -U flash:w:"Flowcode3.hex"                      
avrdude.exe: successfully opened stk500v1 device -- please use -c stk500v1
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s
avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
             To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: reading input file "Flowcode3.hex"
avrdude.exe: input file Flowcode3.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: writing flash (786 bytes):
Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.18s
avrdude.exe: 786 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against Flowcode3.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file Flowcode3.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file Flowcode3.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: input file Flowcode3.hex contains 786 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:
Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.25s
avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 786 bytes of flash verified
avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.
Programming successful!
FINISHED
You should be able to add multiple settings into the compiler options, one for each of your Arduino boards and you can then easily switch between boards and standard AVRs by selecting which set of settings will be the default.

josemanuel

Re: Arduino Programming In Flowcode v6

Post by josemanuel »

Hi Benj.

Thank you!

I tried what you indicate in this and I can program the Arduino UNO board. Everything is ok.

Please could you make an example to read analog channel (eg AN1) and by an instruction such as "if" is activated or not output (PIN10). This I've tried and I can not read analog input channels Arduino UNO board.

thanks

josemanuel

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Jose
Can you start a new thread and post your flowchart, that way we can see how far you have got then offer advice for you to complete your flowchart

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

If you have used the AVR isp to program your Arduino, the above tutorial wont work.
For the same reason the Arduino IDE wont program via the USB port.

To reset back to the USB

You will need to reconnect the AVR isp and power supply to the Arduino , and using the Arduino Programming IDE
Select the correct board in the Tools / Board menu
Programmer AVRISP mkII (In my case)
Select Burn Bootloader.

This will then allow the programming back to the USB port.

All then worked fine
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

pellen

Problem tranfer Arduino Programming In Flowcode v6

Post by pellen »

Hello John,
I have a problem to transfer the program to the Arduino board .
I followed the instructions in the forum program configuration , with the address : $ ( appdir ) compilers \ April \ batchfiles \ avrc_arduinoA.bat
and ligneparamètre : AVRDUDE $ ( chipalt ) STK500 COM17 115200 "$ ( target) hex . "
And this is the message during the transfer.
These messages are the same as in my high school with Flowcode V6 ( PIC and AVR) with a license 50 posts

Target folder: D: \ ~ 1 FLOWCO
Source name: D: \ flowcode_v6_prog \ MLI_potentiometre.fcfx
Title:
Description :
Device : AVR.ATMEGA.ATMEGA328P
Generated by : Flowcode v6.0.2.0
Date : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:36:20
Users: 0
Registered to: 25881652
License key: ZMYN4W
FOR NON COMMERCIAL
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com
Launching the compiler ...
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Flowcode 6 \ compilers \ April \ batchfiles \ avra.bat ATmega328P "D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf " " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.c " " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.lst "
Launching compile ...D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1> "C: \ PROGRA ~ 2 \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ COMPIL ~ 1 \ April \ BATCHF ~ 1 \ .. \ bin \ avr- gcc.exe " - MMCU = ATmega328P - Os- funsigned -tank -o "D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf " " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.c " -lm
In file included from C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Flowcode 6 \ CAL \ includes.c : 229
from D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.c : 301:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Flowcode 6 \ CAL \ / April \ AVR_CAL_PWM.c : 105:5 : warning : # warning " Resource Uses Channel PWM Timer 0"

D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1> "C: \ PROGRA ~ 2 \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ COMPIL ~ 1 \ April \ BATCHF ~ 1 \ .. \ bin \ avr- objdump.exe "-S " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf "1> " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.lst "

D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1> "C: \ PROGRA ~ 2 \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ COMPIL ~ 1 \ April \ BATCHF ~ 1 \ .. \ bin \ avr- size.exe " " D -B- d: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf "
text data bss dec hex filename
4616 43 0 4659 1233 D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf

Compilation successful!
Completed compilation , return = 0

Launching the linker / assembler ...
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Flowcode 6 \ compilers \ April \ batchfiles \ avrb.bat "D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf " " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.hex " " D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.cof "

D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1> "C: \ PROGRA ~ 2 \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ COMPIL ~ 1 \ April \ BATCHF ~ 1 \ .. \ bin \ avr- objcopy " -O -R iHex eeprom "D: . \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf "" D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.hex "

HEX file Creation successful!D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1> "C: \ PROGRA ~ 2 \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ COMPIL ~ 1 \ April \ BATCHF ~ 1 \ .. \ bin \ avr- objcopy ." -O coff -avr eeprom -R "D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.elf "" D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ MLI_potentiometre.cof "

COFF file Creation successful!

Launching the programmer ...
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Flowcode 6 \ compilers \ April \ batchfiles \ avrc_arduinoA.bat AVRDUDE m328p STK500 COM17 115200 " MLI_potentiometre.hex "

D: \ FLOWCO ~ 1> "C: \ PROGRA ~ 2 \ FLOWCO ~ 1 \ COMPIL ~ 1 \ April \ BATCHF ~ 1 \ .. \ bin \ avrdude.exe "-p AVRDUDE STK500 -b -P COM17 -c m328p -U flash : w: 115200
avrdude.exe : invalid baud rate specified ' COM17 '

Error returned from [ avrdude ]

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Flowcode 6 \ compilers \ April \ batchfiles \ avrc_arduinoA.bat returned error code 1

ENDED
Thank you for your help

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
What arduino are you using as it may need a different baud rate for transfer can you also export the compiler settings and attach it to foum
Regards
DAzz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

pellen

Post by pellen »

I use Arduini Uno cards with ATmega 328P processor
I tested with different rates of 9,600 to 115,200, same message.
With the Arduino software, data transfer is the same at the rate of 115200 com17. and it works.
Pellen

gael.balduini

Post by gael.balduini »

Hello every body,
I have a similar error with my flowcode 6 and arduino UNO Rev3.

Your post help me to solve some problems but i can't transfer any program flowcode to the arduino.

Avrdude seam to opérate but i have yet an error message : avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

I download the last version of avrdude.exe and test it with the command prompt but it's the same error.

I'm usign Windows 8.1 in 64 bits. But i have the same mistake on a windows 7 64 bits.

I copy below the compilator message of flowcode.

Sorry for my english, but i would like some help.

----------------------COPY OF COMPILATOR MESSAGE ---------------------------

Target folder: D:\ARDUIN~1
Source name: D:\ARDUINO_TEST\UNOt1.fcfx
Title:
Description:
Device: AVR.ATMEGA.ATMEGA328P
Generated by: Flowcode v6.0.7.0
Date: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 18:43:08
Users: 1
Registered to: VAL-DARGENS
Licence key: RD1T2M
POUR UN USAGE NON COMMERCIAL
http://www.matrixltd.com
Lancement du compilateur...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat atmega328p "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.c" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.lst"
Launching compiler...

D:\ARDUIN~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" -mmcu=atmega328p -Os -funsigned-char -o "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.c" -lm

D:\ARDUIN~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-objdump.exe" -S "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf" 1>"D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.lst"

D:\ARDUIN~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-size.exe" -B -d "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf"
756 0 24 780 30c D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf

Compilation successful!
Completed compilation, return = 0

Lancement de l'éditeur de liens/assembleur...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrb.bat "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.hex" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.cof"

D:\ARDUIN~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.hex"

HEX file creation successful!

D:\ARDUIN~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-objcopy" -O coff-avr -R .eeprom "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.elf" "D:\ARDUIN~1\UNOt1.cof"

COFF file creation successful!

Lancement du programmateur...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat m328p stk500 com6 115200 "UNOt1.hex"

D:\ARDUIN~1>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avrdude.exe" -p m328p -P com6 -b 115200 -c stk500 -U flash:w:"UNOt1.hex"
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat a renvoyé le code d'erreur 255

TERMINÉ

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I think there is a post here that should help.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 78&p=57754

Let us know how you get on.

adeliomiranda

Post by adeliomiranda »

Hello,
After a few hours of research, I found the solution for the Arduino Uno Rev.3 is the configuration I show below.
I'm using Flowcode v6.0.7.0 (28.03.2014)
Arduino Mega is validated by configuring said Benj, but for the Arduino Uno Rev.3 does not work, at least in my case.
I changed the Batch avrc_arduinoA.bat and renamed to avrc_arduinoB.bat, works with both Arduino
Attachments
avrc_arduinoB.bat
avrc_arduinoB.bat
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 923 times
Arduino Mega 2560.png
Arduino Mega 2560
(37.75 KiB) Downloaded 40667 times
Arduino Uno Rev3.png
Arduino Uno Rev3
(37.71 KiB) Downloaded 40667 times

tacklebury87

Post by tacklebury87 »

Hi,

I'm totally new to all this, and could do with some help!

I've got an Arduino Due R3 board, is this compatable with Flowcode V6.0.7.0?

I can't find the chip on the initial set up screen, it's the Atmel SAM3X8E

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

RobH

Post by RobH »

I just bought a Sparkfun ProMicro https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12640 and I'm having a hard time getting past a timeout error when compiling to chip. FC v6.0.7.0 and I've tried configurations and files from multiple "try this" post in the forum over the course of the past 3 hours. Maybe Benj can shed some light on this?

I've tried:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 2u4#p57082
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 54&t=13084
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 78&p=57754

I decided to go ATmega, because PicKit3 is just not playing nice with FC and PIC18F25K50........

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The Arduino Due board and Atmel SAM3X range is not currently supported at all in Flowcode, maybe it is something we can add further down the road.

I have just bought a Arduino Leonardo which is also a ATMEGA32U4 device and I have the same timeout issue when trying to program. The only way I found to get around this was to scrub the bootloader and use the AVRISP mkII programmer to get my code in which is not ideal. I would suggest doing some digging around and see if others have problems with this board outside the Arduino environment and what they did to overcome the issue.

If the command line PK3 does not support the chip then you can do what we do here which is to use MPLAB8 to send the Flowcode generated hex file as this supports far more of the newer chips than the command line version of the software.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi RobH and benj
Can you try something and let me know if it works hold down the reset button on your arduino or clone ,as soon as you release it hit the compile button on flowcode does it work now if not, try opening the pppv3 program open your hex file, then hold the reset button on release hit the send to micro button on ppp let us know if it works

RobH

Post by RobH »

I actually thought of that earlier today only because the ProMicro does not have a reset button onboard. I added one and I'm currently getting the same timeout. Also, the bootloader on the ProMicro has two bootloader wait times (750ms and 8s) listed here:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pr ... ng-and-faq

As an alternate solution, I was wondering if someone might try this (I don't have an AVR programmer yet...long story involving FC6, PK3 and PIC18F25K50, grrrrrr):

http://www.stanleylio.com/home/usblufa

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Rob
just had a look at that page luckily your board dosent start in bootloader mode, so try the programmer config lines with slower baud settings and see if that works, another thing is in try the attached files (back up the original files on your pc). add the files to your flowcode istall

64 Bit C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\bin
32 Bit C:\Program Files\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\bin
let us know if it works

Regards
Dazz
AVR Dude files.zip
(487.41 KiB) Downloaded 932 times

RobH

Post by RobH »

Thanks for the help on this. I've added your updated files and tried your suggestions with multiple baud rates at 9600, 19200, 38400, and 57600 with similiar results. Just to be clear, there is no programmer connected between FC6 and the m32u4. There is only the ProMicro attached via usb (com3).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat m32u4 stk500 com3 19200 "rxled_blink.hex"

C:\Users\(redacted)\DOCUME~1\Arduino\PROMIC~2>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avrdude.exe" -p m32u4 -P com3 -b 19200 -c stk500 -U flash:w:"rxled_blink.hex"
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

...................................................................(I cancelled here)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat reported error code 255

FINISHED

*EDIT* - Since the ProMicro isn't in the list of Arduino, I've tried multiple Arduino types from the current list that utilize the m32u4 chip.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi rob
got a lot going on in my life atm,bear with me and i will post an fcd for your board,but it will take a few days

RobH

Post by RobH »

Thank you. I've actually been studying the Arduino Leonardo.fcdx file and comparing it to the Pro Micro's pins_arduino.h file trying to find the obvious. If I was a programmer by trade I'm sure it'd be a simple fix for me to change it, but then again, if I was a programmer I wouldn't need Flowcode in the first place. :wink:

Also wondering if it has something to do with the Caterina bootloader.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Rob
Heres and fcd for your board, just stick it in the fcd folder , start v6 and it should appear in the arduino target box (3rd one downish)
sorry its taken a while living through hell atm
Regards
Dazz
Attachments
Arduino clone_pro_micro_V13.fcdx
(13.76 KiB) Downloaded 811 times

RobH

Post by RobH »

Target folder: C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop
Source name: C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.fcfx
Title:
Description:
Device: AVR.ATMEGA.ATMEGA32U4
Generated by: Flowcode v6.0.7.0
Date: Sunday, May 11, 2014 21:33:22
Users: 1
Registered to: [redacted]
Licence key: [redacted]
http://www.matrixltd.com
Launching the compiler...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avra.bat atmega32u4 "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.c" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.lst"
Launching compiler...

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-gcc.exe" -mmcu=atmega32u4 -Os -funsigned-char -o "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.c" -lm

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-objdump.exe" -S "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf" 1>"C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.lst"

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-size.exe" -B -d "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf"
900 0 23 923 39b C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf

Compilation successful!
Completed compilation, return = 0

Launching the linker/assembler...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrb.bat "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.hex" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.cof"

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.hex"

HEX file creation successful!

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avr-objcopy" -O coff-avr -R .eeprom "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.elf" "C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop\promicro_blink_led_on_10.cof"

COFF file creation successful!

Launching the programmer...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat m32u4 stk500 com3 57600 "promicro_blink_led_on_10.hex"

C:\Users\Robbo\Desktop>"C:\PROGRA~2\FLOWCO~1\COMPIL~1\avr\BATCHF~1\..\bin\avrdude.exe" -p m32u4 -P com3 -b 57600 -c stk500 -U flash:w:"promicro_blink_led_on_10.hex"
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Again tried with multiple baud rates. Hardware works fine with Arduino software uploading sketches on same machine on same USB port.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Rob
Ok can you try with the stk500 changed to stk500v1 then stk500v2 leave baud at 57600

if no joy can you try again as above but using the attached fcd

Regards
Dazz
Arduino clone_pro_micro_V13_V2.fcdx
(13.76 KiB) Downloaded 810 times

RobH

Post by RobH »

Arduino clone_pro_micro_V13.fcdx
stk500: avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

stk500v1: avrdude.exe: avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding / avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 (thru 10) of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

stk500v2: avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

Arduino clone_pro_micro_V13_V2.fcdx
stk500: avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

stk500v1: avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding / avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 (thru 10) of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

stk500v2: avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

jchomley

Post by jchomley »

To date I have done nothing with my Flowcode 6 software using Arduino, could not make anything work. So I need to start at the very start :-) What is the Arduino board that is easiest to use with Flowcode, especially the loading of code to the board and testing it. Its no problem what my project is.......I just need to get started with switches, LEDs and very basic stuff to start. I do have E-Boards but need to see which ones I have. This newbie needs the simplest solution, to get going :-) People here have offered great help in the past, but alas it was all beyond me.
Any help appreciated.......for a floundering newbie!
Cheers,

Jack
(Flowcode V5 Arduino Newbie)

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

The Uno and Mega are the two boards which we have hear and test with.

The instructions above should work, if you let me know what error messages you are getting i can perhaps help you.