Visi Genie RX Interrupt

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Jordy101091

Visi Genie RX Interrupt

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi all,

I have a small question about the VisiGenie component.
Im currently using the 4D Systems uLCD-43-PT for my programmable power supply.
It works great but I have a question,

In my program I need to monitor and display some system values such as DC bus voltage, output voltage and current and Heatsink temperature.
While this proces is running, Im not always able to enter the settings menu of the system, entering the system menu is done by using the touchscreen (duh).

Sometimes it works very slick, other times it doesn't work at all. It just seems if that the PIC controller misses the RS232-RX interrupt, Im not sure if the vidi component uses interrupts if it does then this problem would be very strange, if the vidi component does not use interrupts at the moment, then maybe the matrix team could look into this and see what the possibilities are.

I have already played with the RX interrupt and placing the VisiRecieve Component in this interrupt but this just locks up the program and doesn't respond anymore.

I hope that there is a workaround for this because it can and is very annoying if you try to alter the settings but the systems won't let you do it.

Regards Jordy,

If it helps I can attach my program, just let me know.
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

acestu

Re: Visi Genie RX Interrupt

Post by acestu »

Hi Jordy,

You can ask your question here, you might have more luck as it is 4d orientated...

http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/

cheers
A
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

Jordy101091

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi acestu,

I don't think that this problem is related to the hardware ore software from 4D systems.
The problem is when the pic needs to do more then just communicating with the LCD the the problem occurs,
If the only job for the pic is to communicate with the LCD everything works great,

So we need to figure out if we can use some sort of interrupt to handle to incoming message from the LCD.

Regards jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Jordy,

Sorry I thought you meant you needed to know a 4d related matter, well Benj is your man then because he did the Visi component and updates for FC6.....

cheers
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.