EB006 V7 Bad Response from Device Message !!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Jordy101091

EB006 V7 Bad Response from Device Message !!

Post by Jordy101091 »

Good evening,

Today I finally found some time to work on my Vinculum 1 Component, and I made very good progress.
However, ad about 18:50 suddenly my EB006 / Flowcode stopped working as I was trying to program my PIC16F877A.
Also A strange message from windows popud up saying "USB Power exceeded" I thought by myself what the H*@ll is going on.

I quickly disconnected everything and immediately started to pook around with my finger for any abnormal heat generation, but I couldn't find any.
Also I don't power my Programmer via USB I have always used the PSU that came with it.
I couldn't find any issues so I plugged back the USB cable and no more message from windows, so I had no clue what the problem was and continued with programming.
When I was about the flash my PIC16F877A the following message pops up:

So there must be a fault with the EB006 because this was the only device connected to the PC via USB Cable. But what went wrong.
I have used this device when I first got Flowcode v4 back in 2011 I think. and never had a problem with it. To be honest its a tiny bit dusty but that wont kill the thing.
But my PIC16F877A is just working fine, and I get the correct voltage from the regulator and both the green and orange led are on.
Also when I try to program the PIC the orange led does not flicker.
My guess is that the IC that is responsible for the communication and programming is toasted, at least I think.

I hope the MM team or forum members can help me find a possible fix, although I think it cannot be fixed :cry: :cry:

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: EB006 V7 Bad Response from Device Message !!

Post by Benj »

Hi Jordy,

mLoader is in a state of flux at the moment. Can you manually try programming using the PPP software and see if this allows you to get anywhere? Also have you tried another USB socket on the PC just to be sure it's nothing to do with the socket.

Jordy101091

Re: EB006 V7 Bad Response from Device Message !!

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi Ben,

I have used another USB Socket and now the programmer works just fine, hmm strange.
At least I can program again.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price