Simulation of RXINT (UART) on FC6

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Simulation of RXINT (UART) on FC6

Post by petesmart »

Hello team,

I think I already know the answer to this....does the RXINT interrupt simulate in FC6? If not is there a work around to simulate other jumping to the macro from the main loop?

BTW FC6 is really impressive.. I have been using 2 FC6 instances on the desktop communicating physically via 2 external (physical) zig bee modules using the pc comport injector function, using USB to rs232 converters.

.. It works brilliantly! I am doing most of my work without the need for actual PIC dev boards... Apart for the simulation of Comms interrupt problem, FC6 is very powerful, with injectors, consoles debugger etc.. :D

Best regards
Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Simulation of RXINT (UART) on FC6

Post by Benj »

Hi Pete,

Really glad your liking v6 we put a lot of effort into it and we certainly are loving all the functionality.

Simulating a RX interrupt is a tricky one. What I usually do is put a call to the interrupt macro from the main and this allows me to simulate the RX interrupt. I then remove or disable the macro call when compiling to the hardware.

In the interrupt routine use a timeout of 0 when collecting the incoming value and check for a timeout before acting on the data. This should then work pretty reliably.

I am trying to figure out a way to do this properly but at the moment we would need additional features building in to be able to do it.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Simulation of RXINT (UART) on FC6

Post by petesmart »

Thanks Ben,

Appreciate the tip on the timeout...

Perhaps RXInt is on the list for V7? :D

Best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!