GSM Flowcode

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

keyanyan

GSM Flowcode

Post by keyanyan »

Hi guys im new here and im currently working a project that uses a pic16f877a microcontroller. Im just wondering if i can use the gsm component in flowcode. This is the module that i use Elecrow SIM808.
Attachments
sim808.jpg
sim808.jpg (71.78 KiB) Viewed 14173 times

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: GSM Flowcode

Post by QMESAR »

Hi ,
My guess would be that it would be possible as it seems that your module has RX and TX connections (UART) and it should send NEMA messages which the FC component can decode

Hook it up and give it a go :)

keyanyan

Post by keyanyan »

Hi QMESAR,
Thank you for the confirmation i will try it later :)

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

QMESAR wrote: it should send NEMA messages which the FC component can decode
NEMA? - Judging by the picture its GSM module onboard is SIMCom SIM808, so standard AT commands are the controlling messages.

The full list of commands can be downloaded on the SIMCom site when scrolling product page down.
SIM800.PNG
(33.82 KiB) Downloaded 1676 times
NMEA is GPS protocol... and there is a application example about that on the datasheet page 52.

But the Flowcode included GSM component should be able to handle this module. Just wanted to clarify its AT, not NEMA commands.
Ill just keep the good work up!

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

But the Flowcode included GSM component should be able to handle this module. Just wanted to clarify its AT, not NEMA commands..
My sincere apologies for saying NEMA instead of AT commands thank you for correcting me ,
although I had at that moment GPS and not GSM module in my mind , in either case FC should work for the original poster as I tried to help him

keyanyan

Post by keyanyan »

So i tested it and it did not work. I first tried using the command on the gsm CheckNetworkStatus and if it is connected it would send a value of 1 and 255 if no connection. Sadly i got 255. This is the sample flowcode that i use in testing it.
Attachments
help1.jpg
help1.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 14155 times
sample.fcfx
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 437 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

How are you powering the module. Are you using a Lipo cell battery or a DC PSU? If using a PSU then what voltage and current is it rated at?

The SIM808 module requires an input supply voltage of 3.4 - 4.4V and a current capability of 2A.

Also the PIC and GSM board will need a common ground, e.g. a wire connecting the VSS pin on the PIC and Ground pin on the GSM board.

Depending on the voltage of your microcontroller you may also need a potential divider on the TX pin to reduce the voltage from 5V to more like 3V.

This topic may help.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 25&p=77104

Zoli2496

Post by Zoli2496 »

Hello!

I use Flowcode V9 software. It contains the GSM module (EB066, Generic AT). I would like to ask how to call a specific phone number using the module. (just ring the phone) Which macro component should be used and how? Unfortunately, I couldn't find an example program in the Help menu.

Thank's

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Zoli2496 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:35 pm
I use Flowcode V9 software.
Can you please post your request to those forums instead of here so we and fellow users can support you better.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Steve

I was just going to suggest the same :)

Meanwhile here is a link to some posts that may help in using a GSM module with "AT" commands,

viewtopic.php?p=106927#p106927

Regards