[SOLVED] Pickit 3 flowcode 6

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Michaelt

[SOLVED] Pickit 3 flowcode 6

Post by Michaelt »

Hello, i have a problem connecting to an old project i have to modify, i get an error message in the compiler message when flowcode tryes to connect to the pickit 3 programmer. i have ensured that the PK3CMD is up to date and the programmer text is correct like this -P$(chip) -F$(target).hex -E -M

i have also tested the pickit via microchip pickit 3 programmer tool and updated the pickit 3 and the connection is fine there and i can hook up to my hardware and se the Pic 18F46K22 thru there.

The message the in flowcode is as follows...........

success
Launching the programmer...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\tools\PICkit3\PK3CMD.exe -P18F46K22 -FKlimaskab_Final_v2.8.1_datalogedit_v6.hex -E -M

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\tools\PICkit3\PK3CMD.exe reported error code -1073741515

FINISHED

hope it is possible from the error message to find the problem

best regards

Michael

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Pickit 3 flowcode 6

Post by Steve »

I searched the forum for that error code number and it brought up a few hits:
search.php?keywords=1073741515

In particular, this one looks like it might help:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12795&p=51255&hili ... 515#p51255

Michaelt

Post by Michaelt »

thanks for your reply Steve but still no luck, i tried the following

uninstalling fc6 delete remaining folders and Reinstall fc 6

i tryed reloading the firmware in PICkit 3 tool/ switching back and forth from MPLAB mode to programmer mode.

i cant find an os for the pickit3 other than PK3OSV020005 i saw BenJ referred to an old firmware but i can't find any ??

i stripped the program down so i only turn on 1 port bit to se if it was the program that bugged out the programmer.

even if i disconnect the usb cable from the Pickit and try to download flowcode to chip it still reports the exact same message
so it must be the PK3CMD or the parametres ??

with the Pickit3 v3.10 tool from microchip i can download the hex file from flowcode to the chip.

its odd because i used the programmer and FC6 a little over a year ago. :(

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

you could try downloading latest MPlabX, then just install IPE
Then set PICkit3 up via IPE by following this link and cliking on to 1.5 PICkit3 using MPLABX IPE (NEW) part, replacing paths with latest installed version.
I have FC6 and PICkit3, so if your still stuck I will see if I can get it to work tomorrow evening after work.
Martin

Michaelt

Post by Michaelt »

Hello Medelec and thank very much for your reply, i installed Mplab X only IPE but i am unsure of what you want me to do.
do you want me to set up the Pickit3 within the IPE software(i am not used to the software), or refer to the IPE destination and parametres in flowcode programmer setup? i tried this but no luck

in IPE i can se the Pickit and there is a green lamp so i suppose that there is some sort of connection to the Pic but it reports errors when i press connect.
1.jpg
1.jpg (42.09 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 5249 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Your settings within compiler options look correct.
You won't be using IPE, it will be Flowcode that's accessing \mplab_platform\mplab_ipe\ directory
However if you can't manually connect PICkit3 using IPE then Flowcode won't be able to connect either.
What you can see is probably caused by PICkit3 not in MPLAB mode, i.e was used with the PICkit3 stand alone programmer?
One thing to try is unplug PICkit3 USB, hold the black button in, then with button pressed in connect USB lead.
Wait until STATUS briefly flashed then release black button.
Now within flowchart compile to chip.
Martin

Michaelt

Post by Michaelt »

Wuhuuu :D that did it Medelec thanks a lot for your fast reply and always great support.
I just restarted the pc and did the thing with the black button on the pickit and it worked after that with the new Mplab IPE settings
have a great weekend

Best Regards
Michael

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

That's great!
You're welcome.
I'm glad that did the trick. :)
Thanks for the update.
Marked topic as solved.