Modbus Slave Component

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
STibor
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm
Contact:

Modbus Slave Component

Post by STibor »

Hello!

I see that there is a Modbus master component. (I have not used this component)
It is possible that in the near future will be Modbus slave components?

Thanks for the reply!

User avatar
Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1159
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by Steve001 »

Hello STibor

Have you seen this post

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... lit=modbus

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

User avatar
Benj
Matrix Staff
Posts: 15011
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Matrix TS Ltd
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by Benj »

Hello,

It has been started, I just need to find some time to finish it and test it works. Hopefully coming soon....

lordhex
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 am
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by lordhex »

Benj wrote:Hello,

It has been started, I just need to find some time to finish it and test it works. Hopefully coming soon....
You are my hero.
I love you (as a master)

User avatar
STibor
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by STibor »

Hello!
I ask whether there is a project?
I got a PLC, it has RS485 Modbus.
For this I want to connect many different little slave circuits.

lordhex
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 am
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by lordhex »

STibor wrote:Hello!
I ask whether there is a project?
I got a PLC, it has RS485 Modbus.
For this I want to connect many different little slave circuits.
Ben is working for modbus slave component.When he finish i bleave that you can do youre project easy.

User avatar
STibor
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by STibor »

Steve001 wrote:Hello STibor

Have you seen this post

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... lit=modbus

Steve
Hello!

Thanks for the link.
I'm beginning to understand the Modbus communication.
I use it successfully, "Artose's" sample code.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 676#p50966

@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.
How is a Modbus hardware, if there is no data direction control?

User avatar
Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1159
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by Steve001 »

Hello Stibor

Have a look here

http://www.modbus.org/specs.php

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

lordhex
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 am
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by lordhex »

STibor wrote:
Steve001 wrote:Hello STibor

Have you seen this post

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... lit=modbus

Steve
Hello!

Thanks for the link.
I'm beginning to understand the Modbus communication.
I use it successfully, "Artose's" sample code.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 676#p50966

@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.
How is a Modbus hardware, if there is no data direction control?
You must chose RS485 then you will have data direction.
In RS232 we don't have direction.
485.jpg
485.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 9645 times
And Ben is working for Slave component when he finish my dreams will be real :P

dannyvanneijenhoff
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:59 am
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by dannyvanneijenhoff »

Hello

Is there perhaps an indication when the 485 Slave modbus is ready for testing or perhaps finished

lordhex
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 am
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by lordhex »

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 32&t=17572
Waiting a hero to finish it :)
Thrust me my friend it's not easy.
I try to finish so many times always mistakes happens.
Then we need a proffesional to finish it.

User avatar
Benj
Matrix Staff
Posts: 15011
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Matrix TS Ltd
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by Benj »

Hello,
@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.
Change the Bus property from RS232 to RS485 and this adds a data direction control pin and variable read state properties.

Some good news for you...

I have been granted some time to finish off the Modbus slave component so it will be included in the release of Flowcode 7. As this is a fairly substantial amount of work the Modbus slave will not be released as a free component.

I've already managed to get a lot of the code up and running now so just some finishing off and testing to do.

lordhex
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 am
Contact:

Re: Modbus Slave Component

Post by lordhex »

Benj wrote:Hello,
@Benj
I looked at the Flowcode6 Modbus master component, but I do not see data direction control output.
Change the Bus property from RS232 to RS485 and this adds a data direction control pin and variable read state properties.

Some good news for you...

I have been granted some time to finish off the Modbus slave component so it will be included in the release of Flowcode 7. As this is a fairly substantial amount of work the Modbus slave will not be released as a free component.

I've already managed to get a lot of the code up and running now so just some finishing off and testing to do.
This is a wonderfull news.
Yeaha at last i will meet with modbus.
Is there a sellected date for Flowcode 7?

Post Reply