Voice Demo

A collection of posts and articles on getting started in Flowcode v6

Moderator: Benj

Benj
Matrix Staff

Voice Demo

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Here is a really simple program that demonstrates the new and improved speech component.

Other new features include the ability to specify your own phonemes, simulate phoneme speech and the RealSpeak interface.

You may need to instal a RealSpeak language pack before the example will work correctly.
SpeechDemo.fcfx
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 546 times

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Voice Demo

Post by JohnCrow »

Nice one Benj
Works on my system Win7 Pro x64 SP1
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

Kenrix2
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Kenrix2 »

I can not get this to compile to hex. I get error code 1 using either the default boostc or HITECH C(PICC 9.83). It compiles to C just fine, it is 6248 lines when I press "View C...". Perhaps I will have to find and install the RealSpeak language pack.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The first example does not use phonemes and is simulation only so will not actually generate speech on an embedded target.

The example below has been setup to demonstrate phonemes too and the memory address has been set correctly to match the suggested address on the current target device (ECIO40/18F4455). Compiling correctly for me now.
SpeechDemo2.fcfx
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 513 times

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hmm that sound takes me back a few years (Maybe more than a few actually :) )

I had an eprom for the BBC micro that worked alongside the official BBC speech synt that let you use phoneme, worked really well for its day.
Though it didnt sound anything like Kenneth Kendal on the offical chips.
Think Ive still got those speech chips somewhere as well
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi John,

I think the code was based on an article published around the time when they stopped making the chips and micro's were big enough to host the entire library (around 64KB).

I also had a BBC though I was fairly young at the time it was my first attempt at coding. My dad had a whole lab of them in his school. Fantastic bit of kit, Jonny also started with one so says a lot :D. Sean who used to work at Matrix still has a few working units in his loft :D Think the default phoneme data may have been pulled directly from the ROM but Sean would have a better idea.

DCW

Post by DCW »

hello guys... and dolls... (if any left)....

Has anyone... worked with that sound chip from ISD... ???

The 1730PY.. has SPI interface.. and I have scanned the internet.. found a couple of pages with PIC basic.?????...

Has anyone done anything through FLOWCODE, with that chip..??? please...??

Okay - and as for other problems I had... no one has answered back.. so I BANGED MY HEAD really hard... and scratched all the hair out my scalp... It seems - that ...hmmm... to make an input work in the way I want it to work..(pull input to zero).. is that you skip all the "readstate/.... and the rest"... and just assign say B0 to a variable..like boolean.. call it B0..!! Then you use the decision icon to test whether B0 = 0?.. So now the problem arises, that... in the CODE... when you test that input.. it changes from your preset '1' logical value... to a fat '0'... (I have asked people at Matrix.. why this happens... and not a single one has bothered to answer me back....!!! (I find this rather disturbing!!))..... anyways... so now what I did discover is that...after you have construed your FLOW.. you press the "single step into" button.. and wait..!!!... you then display the chip up on the screen... and very carefully find the designated input pins... and slowly and carefully... one after the other... simply single click on the pins.. in the diagram.. of the chip..

For some reason or other... after you have done that... they seem to stay.. working okay... BUT ONLY FOR THAT PERIOD OF TIME... that you have that CODE in your PC working.!!! (Once you restart and fire up again.. DAMN... it don't work right... the input variable resets to a fat '0'....

You 'ave to go and SS and click again...
What I did find ... is that... if you... use two simply lines of C-coding up front the FLOW...chart... that you can switch the inside of the chip... so that the input port you dedicated... say,... PORTB.... that you can switch that whole port to inputs... and to make the pins all HIGH.!!! ..'1's'... if needed be... so that....your program will work more succinctly... than 'the other way'...

So all in all... I 'demanded' that my program work correctly... and it did, and so now I know a few more things... to tell the poor kids I coach.. or show... logics to.. and WOW you should see their faces... man it makes me cry... shame.. poor things... I get really emotional when I just see the faces... and I know, and realize... that 100% of them.. just will never... ever... get anything... AT ALL... 'cause their leaders... JUST DON'T CARE A DAMN... AT ALL.!!! it is absolutely shocking.. people... man oh man... what a poor shame and mess... 21years down the line, and most of them, are now worse off than before...

Okay - NUFF SAID.!!! thanks guys... some help with the 1730PY chip would be helpful... (I can run it.. in it's natural mode..). but that is not a challenge.. I just need a bit of help in correcting my thinking.. about that chip... and I sure will try to secure the REST... and Mr. Martin Whitlock....!! YOU SIR..!! are a champion to the cause....!! I tried your SERVO circuit using the 16F88... but changed a few things.. for a 12F675.. and WOW man.. the little servos - swing through all angles - even now programmatically from any degree to 180.. degree.. BRILLIANT SIR... you are a STAR and CHAMPION..!! many thanks to your BRILLIANT thought processes... you are a pure lateral thinker...!!!

For now - bye bye and thanks to all that have helped me before... I look forward to any other help as well...
Spen...

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
I have asked people at Matrix.. why this happens... and not a single one has bothered to answer me back....!!!
Your other topic should now have a reply. We know there is a bug with active low type inputs when you first start the simulation and it is on our to do list to fix.