if Custom Compo missed..

A forum where Flowcode v6 user created components can be shared, discussed and reviewed.

Moderator: Benj

Rudi

if Custom Compo missed..

Post by Rudi »

Hi
..i hope the title is right named..

sorry for the simple question, but i can not test because i have install FC at one PC and all Custom Compo availabel.

If i make a Compo by my self and import this later in my project and give the *.fcfx file for testing a simple routine someone..
need he/she the Custom Compo too or is this in the *.fcfx File included and he/she can test same like i am?

btw:
which File(s) is recommed to give someone / post online for test for complete Testfunction?

okay why i ask:
I do not know, what is allowed and what not.
is legitim to give someone the *.fcfx file?

Thank you for the answere!
Best wishes
Rudi
;-)

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: if Custom Compo missed..

Post by kersing »

Hi Rudi,

Components are not included in an fcfx file. If you distribute test programs you will have to provide the non standard components as well (standard are only those components provided in the Flowcode distribution). For components you can decide to provide the source or the exported component. When you provide the source people will be able to debug the component as well, but also change it. If you provide the exported component (fcpx file) it will be a black box for the people testing your code. If the component does not contain code you need to keep secret the best way (in my opinion) would be to supply both the component source (fcfx) and the exported component (fcpx) as it will provide the best debugging/testing options.

For code you create yourself you are allowed to post the source (fcfx) and the created component (fcpx), you can decide as you are the owner. For code you got from another source you need to observe the rights of the author, so if someone provides you with code and requests not to make it public you are not allowed to post that code. You are never allowed to post any copyright protected code provided to you.

Does this answer your questions?

Jac

PS. Some of your test programs in the Flowcode 6 forum use a display component you have created. I tried to compile one of them, but am unable to do so because I do not have your component.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Rudi

Re: if Custom Compo missed..

Post by Rudi »

kersing wrote:Hi Rudi,

Does this answer your questions?

Jac

PS. Some of your test programs in the Flowcode 6 forum use a display component you have created. I tried to compile one of them, but am unable to do so because I do not have your component.
Hi Jac...
thank you very much!!!

yes all answered.

The Display Compo i great for my Board from Shure, so i have read the Shema onetime and create ;-) my first compo with the right switch connect, LED connect, and LCD Connect.
SD does not go at time...
i have think, if i post the fcfx file all will ok. but i have think, if a "custom compo" is use, the next *.fcfx Tester can not test my *.fcfx so i ask ;-)
and your ps answere all ;-)
this is only my firts compo i tried, i have all properties under panel ;-/... and create new categories..RS232, LCD, Switch ;-)..
i will upload the "LCD Compo" short time ;-)
i have think the same in your ps, so i want ask, can i upload my "custom"..and is it legitim :-)...

all answered Jac, thank you!!!
Best wishes
Rudi
;-)

..i will translate by translater that i all understand correct what you wrote. i have read the most and understand, the details i will make with translater.