Scope Monitor Help[Solved]

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Scope Monitor Help[Solved]

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Team,
Please help the old man I am pulling the few hair I am still having out (I was born BC--- Before computers and this is a limitation really) :oops:
I activate the scope traces in the components for my analog inputs and 1 digital pin ,when I run the simulation I can see the Analog Voltages and the Digital pin switching no problem at all .I have the device 16F1938 in a EB006V9 .
M1.jpg
M1.jpg (124.25 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
Now I add a scope tool component and set up the channels in the scope component.
M2.jpg
M2.jpg (26.94 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
M3.jpg
M3.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
Then I Enable Ghost Compile to chip and Run Ghost the application is running fine no issue however I an just unable to get the signal to show up in the ScopeView. I can zoom in and out as musch as I like the signals are just as you see them in this print.
What am I doing wrong ? The same for the Real Scope in FC I am never able to see any data in the Scope although the Scope on top shows ICT Data Running !
I know it is me doing things wrong somewhere Please help :oops:
M4.jpg
M4.jpg (55.76 KiB) Viewed 3632 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Scope Monitor Help

Post by Benj »

Hi Peter,

The ICT video on this page will hopefully help.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/ghost/

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Ben.

Thank you this helps a lot ,
Appreciate your help ;

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Team.
I looked at the video and what it shows is actually as I did setup or use my ICT,(ICD I have no issues it working like a charm)
However with keep on trying /playing I have data now in the ScopeView(monitor) with this said the Scope I see data but

(1) Only once (Run ICT data is shown in the Scope)

(2) I never get the trigger function to work (the code is running the pins RC0 and RC1 is triggering High/low ) I can set the Scope trigger to any pin(RC0 or RC1) The Scope Show waiting for Data as you will see the signals are present in the Scope monitor but the Scope does not Trigger.

It is not an important issue as I can use my External Scope as always but it would be nice if I can understand how to use my FC build in tools.
I am just curious why the scope with me is not working so nice as in the matrix video :D :D

Below you can see the Trigger is setup but never happens although the Data is in the Scope View( no lock to the trigger cursor) :D The traces in the scope is from the previous one time capture , :shock: I am lost :oops:
M1.jpg
M1.jpg (78.6 KiB) Viewed 3610 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Peter,

If you move the white arrow (to the right of the data window) on the oscilloscope pane then does this allow the triggering to start working. I believe this sets the trigger point and so this has to overlay the trigger data (currently the red trace).

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Ben.
Yes moving the cursor to the edge does lock the trace to the cursor however and the scope shows " Run ICT Data "
however the scope is not updating as shown in the video and if I press stop the screen clears there is no data anymore ,in the video shows when pressing the trigger stop button the last captured data remains on the screen for inspection. then also if no trigger is used in the video it also shows how the scope screen is update all the time it is alive with my scope I see once a trace and the scope is like stopped completely.
The Analog CH 3(brown trace) shows the voltage on the pin when I start the ICT now if I move the voltage between 1 -4 and back 4 -1 V the trace remains where I started ,
In my humble opinion the scope is not updating for some reason while the Scope view reacts totally to the changes on the Analog pin and I can see how the data is updated--
Any case I do not want to bug you guys with this, I can live with out the Scope ICT for me most important is that the ICD is working and that is working perfectly .let us close this topic there are more important things for you to invest your time in than me not having an FC ICT Scope :D
M3.jpg
M3.jpg (40.99 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
M2.jpg
M2.jpg (63.6 KiB) Viewed 3601 times

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Team.
Happy to report the ICT is now working as shown in the MATRIX Video :D :D :D
I took the time and did a fresh install of WIN10 on which is suppose to be a new machine(3 month old) and it seams all my FC issue are solved

(1) ICT is working fine
(2) ICD is working fine
(3) the crash when changing anything in the Compiler/programmer dialog is gone and working now.

Thank for all your support