FC7 Programmer

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Docara

FC7 Programmer

Post by Docara »

Hi

Congratulations on releasing the new version

I've been hovering around FC for a while now and I think because you have included a compiler which "covers all pic deviçes" I will finally throw some cash at Matrix.

Anyway, on to my question. One of my issues with not purchasing FC in the past is that I am really confused with the actual programmer. You get a 'bells and whistles' programmer 6V9 which you are able to use with (I think) the PIC8+16 then I have to buy another board with reduced functionality to use DSP etc . Then if you then try to dabble and delve in to the AVR world you have buy yet another programming board and get even less functionality ( I'm talking about debugging and Ghost)

So what I'm asking is there ever going to be one 'unified' programming board and does 6v9 work with FC7

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: FC7 Programmer

Post by QMESAR »

You can use a simple PicKit 3 which cost around $49.00 which can program All pic's and use the flowkit from Marix for debugging which is board independent

here for Gost debugging
http://www.matrixtsl.com/webshop/flowkit-v2.html

The one problem all people have is that it is not possible to build 1 board that can handle all different mcu familes therefore there is always an limitation to a specific development board such as the EB6V9.

Docara

Post by Docara »

Nice thanks for the reply

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI
if you dabble with arduino you can program from flowcode(most arduinos)
if you want to dabble in avr chips try a usb asp (programs quite a few avr's) simple no frills programmer that realy is cheap ,
or if you have an arduino it can be used as an isp programmer

you will need to check the above will program the chips you want, but they will get you started and if you decide you don't like avr then you haven't broke the bank
forgot to mention matrix do an e board that you can plug an arduino into and then connect to other e blocks
Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php