Oled (SSD1306) as slave SOLVED!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

tiny

Oled (SSD1306) as slave SOLVED!

Post by tiny »

Is it possible the display macro "GLCD (SSD1306)" use as I2C slave (or a modified macro)? When I use the macro function other slaves on this bus is not functioning properly.

thanks
Christina
Last edited by tiny on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Oled (SSD1306) as slave

Post by Benj »

Hi Christina,

Can you post your program so we can see what your doing and hopefully find the cause of the problems?

tiny

Post by tiny »

Thanks Benj for the answer!
I do not want to publish this project, I can send the files as PM to you.
My problem: I have an RTC and an I2C LCD display on the bus. Now I want to replace the LCD display by Oled SSD1306. I have the Oled display simply connected to the I2C bus to and thereby destroys the I2C Display. Why I do not know. The RTC works here and there.
The I2C bus I finished with 2k2 to V +.
If I only RTC and Oled on the bus, it also happens that the RTC is not always achievable.
With RTC and LCD display all already a 1/2 year running in field operation.

Tiny

Bachman

Post by Bachman »

Normally, the I2C bus needs 4.7 kOhm pull up. If you use 2.2 kOhm and the SSD1306 has built-in pull up, the result can be lower than 2.2 kOhm. Smaller resistance, harder to pull down by the RTC and/or SSD1306. Or try to monitor the I2C bus by a logic analyser.

tiny

Post by tiny »

Thanks for the answer!

I dont know if the OLED display has pull ups (no datasheet). The 2k2 resistors may cause problems in this case, of course.
I was thinking more of a macro in which I pretend the slave address and not as in the Oled macro where the I2c pins are specified.
In my I2C LCD I programmed a routine with which I solved with parameters specifying all functions.
When Oled display I do not know how I can create a font and transmitted. I also fear that the routine simply is too big then.
I am using a PIC18F26K22 and am quite at the limit!

Tiny

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Tiny,

The GLCD Font data can be pulled from the GLCD Base component. This contains the GLCD simulation but also the embedded function ReadASCIILUT which will convert a ASCII value into the font pixel data you need.

Each character must be passed - 32 so to print the value 'A' you must pass pos_str as 'A' - 32.

Each character has 5 bytes of font data so for 'A' you would have to call the function 5 times using the count parameter values 0 - 4.

Hope this helps.

tiny

Post by tiny »

Thanks for the tip Benj!
I'll try it.

Tiny