Unable to copy component properties

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Zane
Flowcode v5 User

Unable to copy component properties

Post by Zane »

Hi,

I am trying to make a component and am using the cal uart as part of the component. When using a 32 bit chip, remapped pins are used. I am able to read the channel list of the cal uart and use that in my component to populate the channel list there. However when i use the same process i am unable to read the list from the Tx remap pins list and populate the Tx remap field of my component. In the attached flowcode file the macros in red are where the problem lies. Does anyone know what i am missing/are not doing?

Also how do you manage to be able to determine if you have selected a device that has remapped pins so you can disable the remapped pins options in your component if they are not present?

Thanks

Zane
Attachments
Component_Test.fcfx
(14.04 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

Zane
Flowcode v5 User

Re: Unable to copy component properties

Post by Zane »

Hi Ben,

I was wondering do you have any ideas as to what is happening in the above post? I have not had much luck in being able to get it to work.

Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Zane,

We are working on a new v7 update for early next year which makes things like component property copying significantly easier. I.e. just being able to expose a property onto your panel without having to copy, pass or edit the values in any way.

The bad news is though it is working nicely it's not ready for public release just yet :D
However when i use the same process i am unable to read the list from the Tx remap pins list and populate the Tx remap field of my component. In the attached flowcode file the macros in red are where the problem lies. Does anyone know what i am missing/are not doing?
You might need to do a CopyFilter to get the items in the list, the CopyValue will then take the selected item index within the filter.
Also how do you manage to be able to determine if you have selected a device that has remapped pins so you can disable the remapped pins options in your component if they are not present?
The Component-> Property-> GetVisible API call should do this for you. If the properties are visible then the target chip has remapped pins.

There's a demo file here that should help for now.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index.p ... 53a91fa234

Zane
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Zane »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply and providing solutions to the questions I have asked. I will see how they go. I look forward to the next release release of FC7 with the updates for the component creation. They will come in very handy. Keep up the good work . :D