ESP 8266 – not initialising

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ESP 8266 – not initialising

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

As you know I've been doing some work with the ESP 8266 component on the dsPic miac. Would it be possible for you to do a quick check on this component please. It appears not to be reading any of the response data from the ESP 8266 device. For example if you initialise the component, using a data analyser I can see the correct messages being generated by the miac and the ESP 8266 device responding correctly.

When running the "initialise" macro it appears that the macro times out after approximately 60 seconds i.e. it (the macro) never generates an "1" to say the ESP 8266 device is initialised, even though on the data analyser I can see the ESP 8266 respond with "OK".

I have checked the baud rate, pin connections and have confirmed that the comms leaving the miac is correct and the ESP 8266 is responding correctly – this seems to be something quite odd with most of the ESP 8266 macros in terms of reading response. The data strings on the output are correct, no response is read from the ESP 8266 device.

I'm sure that I had this working before with the test program that Leigh sent me with the initial miac – at that stage I was running an earlier version of FC v7

Currently running Flowcode professional version v7.2.1.4 (March 31, 2017)

Let me know if you want a sample program.

All the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ESP 8266 – not initialising

Post by Benj »

Hi Pete,

Have you tried the latest component I posted here. It has a number of minor changes which might help.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18721#p80672

Are you able to post a log or screen shot of the data analyser? That might help to work out what's going wrong.

Also where did you buy the ESP module from, is it black and does it say AI thinker on the module?

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

thanks Ben,

Its the AI thinker module supplied with the dsPIC MIac... and yes I got the latest component from the forum.....

I will come back to you shortly with the data analyser snapshot... however the ESP 8266 module is saying all the right things...

maybe grab a dspic MIAC with wifi and give it a go... both my new (latest versions of the MIAC) do the same thing...

best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Thanks Pete,

We will investigate.