PICKIT2 in flowcode

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

hackinblack

PICKIT2 in flowcode

Post by hackinblack »

I have had no luck getting PICKIT2 to work inside flowcode7 with a 16f690 target chip.
i have set all the paths in programmer options to those suggested here:-

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 992#p57992

but i am still getting this message:-

' PK2DeviceFile.dat device file not found.

C:\Program Files\Flowcode 7\tools\PICkit2\pk2cmd.exe reported error code 24 '

where am i going wrong? i have loaded the suggested PICKIT dat and CMD from the zip folder mentioned above,
into the suggested folder,and uploaded the PICKIT OS from the flowcode tools folder..now i'm stumped!

hackinblack

Re: PICKIT2 in flowcode

Post by hackinblack »

well,after gettting no response;i tried yet again...and got it to work,sort of...
i added an entry for PICkit2 with the parameters from the webpage; no joy.
then i ticked the ' default compiler for the platform C ' box
then clicked on SAVE; THEN named the new the new setting name ' PICkit2
programmer options.PNG
programmer settings for PICkit2
(18.12 KiB) Downloaded 2509 times
only then would the compile to chip option work;great! the status light flickered on the PICkit2, the message box said success,
and then,er nothing...
the power is not applied to the (Microchip's Low Pin-Count) board from the programmer;and as the PICkit standalone programmer appplication doesn't actualy open to interact with during the program cycle,i have to open it seperately to enable power to the board.even if i set the power options in the PICkit2 app. to 'force PICkit2 ' it still doesn't power the board...ditto if i leave the app open before trying to ' compile to chip '; as it opens a seperate instance to program! a bit of a pantomime.
does anyone have a workround?

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi hackinblack,
In the Programmer parameters, have you tried -T at the end?
Don't forget PICkit2 can only supply about 30mA .

Martin
Martin

hackinblack

Post by hackinblack »

perfect! the -T switch worked..now i am able to 'compile to chip' and it powers the demo board after the program/verify cycle
for anyone else who hits this snag, the configs; in the 'programmer' > 'paramenters' option that work are:-
Parameters:- -B$(appdir)tools\PICkit2\ -PPIC$(chip) -F$(target).hex -M -A5 -R -T
Despite both the (1st version) LPCdemo board and the PICkit2 being out-moded, i find them nicer to use than their replacements,
especially the PICkit3 with its constant firmware swaps! so as the saying goes ' if it ain't bust - don't fix it! '
thank you SOOO much :D