problem with helpfile examples

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

hackinblack

problem with helpfile examples

Post by hackinblack »

i am still trying to get any headway with flowcodev7;i try to open the examples,only to find there is something missing,or a component has 'gone' in v7.it's driving me nuts!
as the program was released LAST YEAR;i would expect the helpfiles and examples to actually be useable...
being able to load an example then run it would make trying my own code, adapted from it, much easier;but if the examples won't run, what chance have i got?
the specific example i am trying is taken from the one entitled ' Excercise_-_Using_Analogue_Input_Devices.fcfx '
no matter what i try, i cannot get the analog input to actually function in simulation,despite following the tutorial step-by-step (where possible! a lots seems to have changed...) the code loops straight through the read ADC value on to the NO branch,no matter what the slider position is.but if i disable the A2D icon, it makes no difference to the outcome.though if i 'view analog inputs' i DO see the value change!
my file:-

i am seriously considering a refund :(
Attachments
A2D_LED.fcfx
analogue to LED decision
(8.87 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: problem with helpfile examples

Post by medelec35 »

Hi hackinblack,
hackinblack wrote: as the program was released LAST YEAR;i would expect the helpfiles and examples to actually be useable...
hackinblack wrote:the specific example i am trying is taken from the one entitled ' Excercise_-_Using_Analogue_Input_Devices.fcfx '
The example flowchart you used was not created for V7.
It was created for V6 (actually I believe V4 and imported to V6)and the component used is now obsolete, hence not working with flowcode V7

The variable is missing from the return Value box:
Missing ADC Variable 1.png
(37.12 KiB) Downloaded 2428 times
You should add the variable like this:
Missing ADC Variable 2.png
(57.44 KiB) Downloaded 2420 times
Just Double click the read input ADC component to bring the component properties up.
You will be best going to the Learning Centre
Just watch some tutorial videos and there is also a free online course.

Martin
Martin

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

Hi hackinblack,

Have you seen this page also

http://www.matrixtsl.com/flowcode/support/

attached is ADC example from components library

Steve
Attachments
ADC Voltage as String.fcfx
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

hackinblack

Post by hackinblack »

ah,so that's why the A2D dial component is missing...it's obsolete! talk about barking up the wrong tree...

it really has been a few hair-pulling days;so much so that i managed to miss the bit about typing a value in the 'return value' box...

it IS mentioned in training video 14,but i was snow blind by the time i viewed that one!
I looked all over the place for how to use the A2D features.it seems to have only a cursory mention in the beginners tutorials;perhaps to avoid information overload!
i know from experience that A2D and configs are the most error-prone things with PIC Micro's, and microcontrollers in general;which,somewhat perversely, was one of the primary reasons for me using flowcode :roll:

it does seem to be a very advanced program;but this seems to be at the expense of the documentation,which is lagging behind by about 5 yrs...some of the tutorial stuff is for flowcode4 ! some more work needed here i think? though altering all of the documentation would be very time-consuming...time better spent on program enhancements,i suppose.
so at least now,thanks to great help from forum members, i can continue with my learning process.and maybe put something back in,one day! :)

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

in my opinion its worth sticking with flowcode and learning as much as possible.
The projects you can create are just fantastic, with limited programming knowledge.
I'm sure you would have seen this page.

If you get suck then just start a new topic, then we can help you out

Martin
Martin