GLCD ILI9163 (EBM001) Equiv

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

johnsondav

GLCD ILI9163 (EBM001) Equiv

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone.

I am having trouble getting this display to produce text correctly. I have a working project which uses this display - equivalent to the EBM001. Everything worked well pre March 2017 build 7.1.1.0.

However, with the latest FC7 build (7.2.1.4) I cannot get this LCD to display text - just a repeating pattern of dashed lines of the correct text length, everything else - graphics works OK. I thought I had corrupted the files, so I uninstalled FC7 - deleted all folders - reinstalled FC, same problem.
Tested the display with the chip using the HEX file produced pre March - everything works OK.

There is either a problem on my computer I cannot identify or this component has a bug, which has just been introduced with the latest updates.

Does anyone else have this display who may be having the same problem?

Please help or advise.

Regards
Dave

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: GLCD ILI9163 (EBM001) Equiv

Post by Benj »

Hi Dave,

Dashed lines may mean unrecognised characters so there could be a problem with the internal font data for the component which may be stored in your local project. Hence reinstalling Flowcode won't solve the problem.

Can you attach your program for us to take a look?

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Ben

Here is the simple "Hello" project:
LCD Begin Test EBM001.fcfx
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Here is a photo of the results produced:
EBM001 Equiv.jpg
EBM001 Equiv.jpg (154.68 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
I think I have screwed things up a bit! :(

Dave

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Ben

I have found the problem is with my EB006-30-V9 board. I have produced a hex file using FC7 and programed the chip using PICKIT 3, everything is working OK. Is it possible to correct the fault with the board?

Dave

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Dave,

Hmm, when programming using the EB006 do you get any warnings about the flash verify failing?

Looks like you might need to change the clock speed in project options from 8MHz to 48MHz as you're using the HS+PLL oscillator. I don't think this should effect the display though.

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Ben

I've tried changing the clock speed, slowed it right down but same problem. It appears to me that the ASCII data is stored on the EB006 V9 board, which is now corrupted, how, I just con not fathom out.

There's a hex file stored in the FC7 directory which is called EB006-00-09. Could this be to re-program the Multi-programmer?

Any ideas or is it bricked. :idea:

Dave

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Dave,

The EB006-00-09.hex file in the mLoader directory is the EB006 host firmware. I don't think you need to touch this. It was to provide an automated field firmware upgrade for very early EB006 v9 boards.
It appears to me that the ASCII data is stored on the EB006 V9 board, which is now corrupted, how, I just con not fathom out.
No the ASCII data is stored in the ROM of the target microcontroller on loading the program.

So it sounds like Flowcode is working and when programming via the PICkit everything is fine.

When programming using the EB006 the same hex file is not working so it sounds like a programming issue, probably related to the chip your using and the way the EB006 is doing the programming.

Do you get any warning messages when programming using the EB006? Such as "data could not be verified maybe due to code protect". Check your compiler messages to see what messages are being generated.

The 18F45xx USB family is known to be a bit strange to program with the EB006 so it could just be that it's slightly hit and miss. Might be worth trying with a new chip if you have one available?

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Ben

Yes, you are correct. The HEX file does contain all of the character ROM data, produced by FC7. When the HEX file is sent using the Pickit 3 - works OK. However, when the same HEX data is sent by the EB006 V9 (using the program via HEX file) - the ROM data is not sent for the remaining ROM address - 7E1C to 7FFE. This is strange, which to me, the mLoader is not sending the last ROM addresses. I will try and identify why and keep you posted.

A completed base FC7 gLCD display component is available here thanks go to the MatrixTSL team for allowing me to share this project:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=19116

I have included a tutorial to aid the development of your own LCD display.

Regards
Dave