FC7 d/l to UNO board

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

billduck

FC7 d/l to UNO board

Post by billduck »

I would like to offer a workshop using the free version of FC ver 7 to seniors in retirement centers in Houston. First I have to get it going. The following is the error code. I get this message with the free version. I can successfully d/l using the AVRISO MkII.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 7\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat reported error code 1

Thanks in advance.

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Re: FC7 d/l to UNO board

Post by LeighM »

Does this help...
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 63&t=18192

If not, please post your project file (*.fcfx) and the error output file (*.msg.txt)

billduck

Post by billduck »

It seems that "the system can not find the file specified". See the attached.
I am using Windows 10, and FC Ver 7 professional.
Attachments
Hello World.msg.txt
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Hi,

The message file indicates that Flowcode is trying to program the UNO via COM7, but cannot find it, is COM7 correct?

When you plug your UNO into your PC you should see it installed in "Devices and Printers" and it will be allocated a COMxx number.
That COMxx number should then be listed and selectable in Flowcode->Build->Project Options->Programmer Port

billduck

Post by billduck »

Thank you, Some progress has been made. See the message, attached.
I matched the com ports within FC and what is reported in Devices and Printers. It did not specifically mention the UNO.
So I downloaded the Arduino IDE, and now Device and Printers says "Arduino UNO (Com 5)"
I googled the error message "avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00"
and it says problem communicating with the UNO. So I am going to get a new UNO. I also tried different cables. Same message.
I am able to d/l the code via AVRISP MkII.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Attachments
HelloWorld.msg.txt
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Docara

Post by Docara »

Hi Billduck,

After Leigh's repy pertaining to Comm port allocation I thought I'd give you a little heads up on my experience.

I also use an Uno(rev3) with Win 10 and FC7. As with all things USB the order in which you do things can have a bearing on success or failure. I installed FC before plugging in Uno and initially had no luck. In the end I uninstalled FC and installed the Arduino IDE and made sure everything worked OK first. The installation of the IDE should sort of the Comm ports for you as it was designed for the range. I think you are also given the option to install the drivers in the usual custom install.

Now assuming your antivirus / firewall is not biting you in the arse and is blocking either FC, Ard'no IDEor Comm port and you should be good to go. ( I have a very vague memory that I might have plugged the Uno in first and Win 10 found it and installed the drivers but I'm not 100% certain)

I then installed FC and it picked up the Comm port straight away.

However, I have had a number of instances whereby FC stopped programming the UNO completely possible after recovery from Windows SLEEP, and I had to restart the machine to sort it out.there is a supurb little programming routine which takes FC compiled code (in Hex) and programmes the UNO without the need of FC, Arduino IDE of Atmel studio ,Ithink it is called Xloader which I used when FC had a hissy-fit and wouldn't programme the chipbut this just sits on top of the USB driver anyway.

I have had a few of the Uno's and been involved with other people who used them and I have not heard of Comm problems with them, just make sure that when you first install drivers that they are the only thing plugged in not through a hub and you should be fine

Hope this helps a little
Matt

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Billduck!

Don´t know if you have tryed this. Sometime I also have the same problem, but then I go in IC > Project choice > General option. You see the programmerport. Click on it, now it get red. click ok, and try again, Now it work.

Is it one of the cheap Ebay Arduino board, you need to download and install the CH340 USB driver. Could be...

Hope it help

Br Jorgen
Attachments
config.PNG
(15.38 KiB) Downloaded 3330 times

billduck

Post by billduck »

I am at a loss as what to do to solve the problem of not being able to compile to chip. The computers, that do not work, are all older laptops that were upgraded to windows 10. Being able to d/l worked before the upgrade. I can either get a Windows 7 or new Windows 10 computer. I assume that just a few folks are having this problem. Any thoughts?
Last edited by billduck on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I don't know if it's still the case, but there are two types of Uno from the rival 2 companies - org and cc - which had different drivers, and you need to install the correct driver for your type of board.

I've also seen a similar issue where the driver install allows just one of the USB ports to work, so you could try using the other USB ports. (I saw this at a college once under a restricted account, so it could be related to permissions).

billduck

Post by billduck »

By driver chip, what I see is Atmel MEGA16U2. That # is consistent on the boards I have.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

billduck wrote:By driver chip, what I see is Atmel MEGA16U2. That # is consistent on the boards I have.
Sorry. I don't mean the driver chip - I mean the software drivers that are installed on your PC. There are (or certainly used to be) two different driver installations for the two different 'flavours' of Arduino - one from Arduino.cc and the other from Arduino.org.

billduck

Post by billduck »

More on the saga of D/L to an UNO: I tried to download a "Hello World" program to 7 UNO's. It worked on 2 of 7. In each case, I looked to see on which COM port the UNO connected, and set that under "Build" "Project options". It worked on COM 9 and 23. I am happy that it worked on 2 UNOS. Wish I knew why it did not work on the others. The error was "programmer not responding. " Where do I get a description of the parameters in
"avrdude.exe" -p m328p -P com24 -b 115200 -c arduino -D -U flash.w."HelloWorld.hex"
I might add that the UNO's were purchased at a computer store for US$6 each.
Thanks

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

billduck wrote:Where do I get a description of the parameters in
"avrdude.exe" -p m328p -P com24 -b 115200 -c arduino -D -U flash.w."HelloWorld.hex"
The manual?, to be more specific, here?
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

billduck

Post by billduck »

All's well that ends well. The bootloader was d/l with a USB ASP thru the Arduino IDE. It worked on 4 UNOs.
Thanks to all that responded.