ESP 8266, does not work

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

sonic11

ESP 8266, does not work

Post by sonic11 »

Hello!
I started playing with ESP8266 in an attempt to create a data transmission system from one point to another (it is about tracking a thermostat and the possibility to operate various functions of the thermostat module).
I tried some of the examples to get acquainted with ESP8266, but I have problems. In the Create a Access point example ESP creates the AP but returns to the failed screen.
I couldn't read the software version, I couldn't get it to connect to my personal router, not even to scan my personal wifi network.
I use it together with arduino 256 on the UART1 channel and LCD keypad shield. I use Flowcode v7
Thanks in advance.
PS: Sorry bad English, I use Google translate
esp 8266 test.fcfx
(19.04 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: ESP 8266, does not work

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I haven't played with ESP modules for a while now, but it sounds as though it could be that the example is looking for a different response from that which the module is providing.

It isn't uncommon for an ESP revision to completely change the way it does things so there is perhaps a chance that the example code you are using is "designed" for a particular revision of the module (i.e. is expects "OK" but receives "Connected" or such like)

A few years back I had problems relating to such and Kersing very kindly created an updated ESP component for me (still can't thank him enough for that). If you search the v6 Forum you will most likely find the thread.

I could be wrong though as I really haven't used them in a while.

If you have a USB to serial / RS232 gadget (almost free from most suppliers) you could try running your favourite Terminal program on your PC and connect to the ESP Tx/Rx, and then send AT commands directly to the module to see the response.

Hope this helps
Regards

sonic11

Post by sonic11 »

Hello.
Thanks for the reply.
The module is ok. I managed to do several things with it, but only programmed with a USB to serial and PC adapter.
I just want to control it with a flowcode.
It is very possible that its software version will be the problem.
That's why I asked for help here and I hope someone with staff will help me.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

In the ESP8266 properties, maybe try changing the reset mode to hardware and adding the reset pin connection.

Might be worth trying a larger recevie and scan buffer sizes.

Can you say what exactly isn't working with the module?

Some examples here that might help.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... (Wireless)

Have you connected the CHPD pin to 3V3?