System requirements

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Bachman

System requirements

Post by Bachman »

Hello!

Where is the System requirements? Flowcode 7 free version installed without any warnings, but if I want to start, i got this:
Shot_524.jpg
Shot_524.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 9695 times
... FlowcodeV7.exe is not a Win32 application. :)

The Win system is very minimal in a virtual machine, separated from the world.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: System requirements

Post by Steve »

Are you running XP? I think Flowcode v7 needs Vista or higher to run.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Steve wrote:Are you running XP? I think Flowcode v7 needs Vista or higher to run.
steve are you the chief of R&D or not?
XP_FC7.png
why you think needs Vista or higher?

is released on 13. July 2016 - updated wiki - and there stand Windows XP

http://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index.p ... =Main_Page
XP_FC7_History_13.July_2016.png

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Rudi - thanks for pointing out that small error with the Wiki. I'll ask one of the team to get it changed.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Bachman wrote:Hello!
Where is the System requirements? Flowcode 7 free version installed without any warnings, but if I want to start, i got this:
Shot_524.jpg
... FlowcodeV7.exe is not a Win32 application. :)
The Win system is very minimal in a virtual machine, separated from the world.
hi
hot tip:
download a VM and the windows version you want to use for test FC7.
and your productive system never touched with this alpha versions
you can clone for each version so you see the differences clear what was done and what not.
whats going on and what must be to do again.
@staff
its a good idea, to test FC7 on each win version by VM - so you know mistakes in each version better.

best wishes
rudi ;-)
Last edited by Rudi on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Thanks for the advice, Rudi. We already use VM (VMware) with our testing and have tested with a number of different configurations for *modern* Windows OS versions. We did not test on XP because we did not think anyone still used it (support from Microchip was discontinued I believe 2 years ago). It was a simple mistake in the Wiki because, as I have previously explained to you, we copied it from V6 and are still in the process of updating it to V7.

Unfortunately, the Wiki is such a massive resource that it takes time to update and will contain minor errors.

We are still considering whether to allow offline activation for Flowcode V7 because online activation is very easy for users and so few PCs are without internet access.

Bachman

Post by Bachman »

Yes, i'm using XP only for two reasons: Flowcode and Proteus. The main system is Mac OS.

Ok, no problem to create a new virtual machine. The problem is simple: i can install, but not run.

Message from the installer is missing: "Flowcode 7 requires Windows 7 or newer" -> "Quit Installer" (no other options).

tulipman

Post by tulipman »

Steve wrote:Thanks for the advice, Rudi. We already use VM (VMware) with our testing and have tested with a number of different configurations for *modern* Windows OS versions. We did not test on XP because we did not think anyone still used it (support from Microchip was discontinued I believe 2 years ago). It was a simple mistake in the Wiki because, as I have previously explained to you, we copied it from V6 and are still in the process of updating it to V7.

Unfortunately, the Wiki is such a massive resource that it takes time to update and will contain minor errors.

We are still considering whether to allow offline activation for Flowcode V7 because online activation is very easy for users and so few PCs are without internet access.

Hi Steve.

I'm a pure Mac user, and use VMware in order to be able to run Windows 7 Ultimate perfectly.
However, I found that Flowcode 7 seems not to be able to communicate with Arduino boards.

VMware (v10.01) detects the Arduino board, but after adjusting all the settings in Flowcode, I simply cannot
upload program to the Arduino, from inside flowcode.

Did you guys test Flowcode 7 (GREAT program!!) with VMware 10 and Win 7 Ultimate?

Would be great to hear from you!!

Best

Robbert / PA3BKL

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Robbert,
Did you guys test Flowcode 7 (GREAT program!!) with VMware 10 and Win 7 Ultimate?
We do use VMware for testing but I can't say for sure we tested that specific combination with that specific version of VMware.

Can you program the Arduino boards using the Arduino software on your VMware setup?

If this works then can your try using AVRdudess to see if this can work.
http://blog.zakkemble.co.uk/avrdudess-a ... r-avrdude/

Flowcode uses the AVRdude software so the trick will be in allowing this to work. AVRdudess is a graphical version of AVRdude so you can easily play with the settings and see what will and won't work.