Components on 2D Panel

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Docara

Components on 2D Panel

Post by Docara »

Hi,

Possible bug - repositioning of components stopped working on 2D panel - Trial 7.1.1

Tried to resize (components view) on 2D panel zoomed to 100% (components became smaller), resized to previous. Couldn't find a way to zoom in to make component bigger so I grabbed grips and resized . Then found out I am no longer able to move any component to a new position, tried deleting and tried again, closed 2D Panel down and reopened still nothing. Restarted FC and trying to resize again stopped me moving components

As a side note why are we unable to zoom in on 2D panel and why is there no delete (I use cut) to delete component

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Components on 2D Panel

Post by Benj »

Hello,

In v7 the panels should work like this.

There is an Arrow mouse cursor button which sets the main mode. If the button is clicked then you are manipulating components, if the button is unclicked then you are manipulating the background panel.

Next to the Arrow mouse cursor button are thee options, Move, Rotate and Scale which control what happens when you click and drag the mouse on the panel.

Scrolling up or down on the mouse wheel will zoom in and out in both modes and on both panels.

Docara

Post by Docara »

Hi Ben

Ok I see what your saying - sorry but I think that is very poor GUI logic and I certainly don't feel this way is intuitive when using the mouse, especially when you compare it to other programmes. I should be able to select objects either individually or using a a box for multiple, double click to show grips and have them deselect when background clicked, single click and hold to move the selected object(s) without having to click an icon.

Also, as mentioned previously there's no delete on right button when in 2d panel

Lastly, it would be nice to have the option / ability (via a warning prompt as necessary) to delete a component and have all the connections automatically removed instead of the present way of having to search through the code and delete each reference before the component will delete.

thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for the comments I will pass them to the programmers.