7.2.0.5 problem

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

howard123

7.2.0.5 problem

Post by howard123 »

Hello guys

I have installed FC7.2.0.5 and have got some unusual happenings. My project had worked using 7.1.1.0 (with some LUT CAL file addition) on my target chip which is a PIC24FV16KA304.

After installing the new program I have received an error message from the assembler/linker. Suspecting that my program memory was now an issue, I changed target to a 32k device PIC24FV32KA304. On doing this, a macro was added to my project which was not of my making. On changing back to the 16k chip another macro was added, also unknown to me.

I uninstalled 7.2.0.5 and reinstalled 7.1.1.0 which compiled & linked without problem. I had saved the project with the additional unknown macros and these were subsequently not to be seen on on the 7.1.1.0 version.

I uninstalled 7.1.1.0 and reinstalled 7.2.0.5 and again got one macro added when changing my PIC target device. A new problem now appeared in that I got compiler messages that my LUT values had been truncated.

If you would like I can PM my project to you in its entirety.

On a lesser note, the Macro and Component Macro colours are identical until one does VIEW>GLOBAL OPTIONS>OK. Great idea to have this colouring scheme by the way.

Many thanks
Howard

howard123

Re: 7.2.0.5 problem

Post by howard123 »

Hello again

Hmmm perhaps there is a TCP transport issue here. Could you tell me what the checksum of the 7.2.0.5 file is please.

thanks
Howard

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Howard,

The 7.2 installer has an inbuilt checksum which if incorrect doesn't let you install.
After installing the new program I have received an error message from the assembler/linker. Suspecting that my program memory was now an issue, I changed target to a 32k device PIC24FV32KA304. On doing this, a macro was added to my project which was not of my making. On changing back to the 16k chip another macro was added, also unknown to me.
I'm not aware of any issues like this. Can you PM me your project file and also maybe provide a screen shot of the new phantom macros so I know what I'm looking for.

Also what error messages are you getting when you try to compile.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Howard,

Aha ok I see and think I know what is happening.

It looks like one of the macros from inside the component is appearing as Flowcode is showing you the icon it cannot work with on the new chip.

The icon is disabled and so you can probably just close the macro and ignore the error.

I will pass this on to the Flowcode developers to see if it can be fixed.