New Component Configuration

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

johnsondav

New Component Configuration

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone

FC7 Build V7.2.1.4
Updates - 740817
Windows 10 Ver 1703
OS Build 15063.608

I have come across a situation which causes an error when setting the component configuration prior to exporting the component.
I had build a new component, testing as I went along, so began the 'Component Configuration' ready to export. It then reports an error, but will not allow me to go back into the configuration to locate the error with the setting. So, I deleted everything to try and find the fault and ended up with a a empty project still reporting an error.
Re-booted computer, still no joy. :cry: Here is the empty project which reports the fault:
USB_Keyboard Component.fcfx
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
However, if I delete all the macros it will allow me to go into the 'Component Configuration', but I am at a loss as to what is wrong!

It is a project which works as a stand-alone project, which I am now attempting to use to build the component.

I am going to take a break for now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dave

johnsondav

Re: New Component Configuration

Post by johnsondav »

Hi All

I think I have found the problem. If the GUID is not updated with a new ID, causes the error, I think.

Anyway, I started again with a new component project and imported the macros one-by-one to see which caused the error. None did. mmh

However, I set up the Component Configuration' each time I imported each macro. Still OK.

Only difference was I had change the GUID before I started importing the macros. Anyway, it's working (so far) - Lesson learned.

If that was the problem, I should have been able to go back in and change the GUID.

Regards
Dave