Multi screen support

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Multi screen support

Post by mnf »

A minor mainly cosmetic bug.

On a two monitor setup, Flowcode opens on either monitor seemingly at random. The splash screen is always on the main screen but then the program window will appear on either screen.
I'm using the latest version of Flowcode (7.3) on Windows 10.
Closing the program on either screen (which should determine which screen it opens on) doesn't seem to affect this.

Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Multi screen support

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I believe we have investigate this in the past and it's a bug in the Windows MFC library we are using. We use 2 and 3 monitor setups here at Matrix and so do see the problem you have reported. I'll add it to the list to try and investigate again.

mnf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Multi screen support

Post by mnf »

I get a few other related glitches too...

Sometimes the main window maximises slightly too much - so the 'close' control is off of the screen.

Sometimes the main window switches screen when opening a project (from screen 2 to 1) - initially at full screen but only the resolution of my second screen, then resizing to the size of the second screen.

Sometimes the main window minimizes on swap - leaving just the properties window open.

Sometimes the 'Save' before compilation window (the 'don't show this box again' in the compile box before upload in 7.3 is great - please duplicate here too!) opens centred on the window that is selected - eg centre of the properties window (or once I had it centred on the 'compile' toolbar) rather than centred on the main window...

Martin