Page 1 of 1

UART not working after latest patch

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:01 pm
by howard123
Hello
I have just installed the patch dated January 2018 and am now having problems with the RS232 UART not working at all. This has happened on two non-identical boards, one with a 18F45K22 and the other with a 18F46K22.

These had both worked before I installed the patch. Unfortunately I have not kept the previous set of files, which this patch overwrote.

Any ideas?

regards
Howard
FC7.3.0.6

Re: UART not working after latest patch

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:00 pm
by Benj
Hello Howard,

Maybe try changing the properties of the UART component, say to software mode and then back again checking the connection properties etc are still valid. Hopefully this will help as I'm not aware of anything fundamentally broken in 7.3.

Re: UART not working after latest patch

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:01 pm
by howard123
Hi Ben

Thanks I have followed your instructions and it has worked.

On both projects UART1 and UART2 are being used and as best I can tell,on both, UART1 had been assigned to UART 2 and UART2 was not working. On the Properties I swopped channel number 1&2 and then swopped them back again and it subsequently worked.

Just for clarity, this had worked fine with the 7.3 install but had stopped after the latest ZIP folder dated 26-02-18 was installed. I incorrectly said January in my last post.

Regards
Howard