Starburst Display

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Pactor
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Contact:

Starburst Display

Postby Pactor » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:27 am

Hello
I was looking at the starburst display and I tried the demo program, it compiled to C ok but compile to hex brings up this error.

StarburstTest.c: FCD_0f441_LED_Starburst1__ShowCharacter()
410: case '\':
^ (226) char const too long
411: {
^ (320) ":" expected
(908) exit status = 1
(908) exit status = 1

I'm using FC7
Thanks for any help

StarburstTest.fcfx
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

User avatar
Benj
Matrix Staff
Posts: 14157
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Matrix TS Ltd
Has thanked: 4330 times
Been thanked: 4080 times
Contact:

Re: Starburst Display

Postby Benj » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:23 am

Many thanks for letting us know. I have now found the cause of the problem and will have it fixed for you very soon.

User avatar
Benj
Matrix Staff
Posts: 14157
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Matrix TS Ltd
Has thanked: 4330 times
Been thanked: 4080 times
Contact:

Re: Starburst Display

Postby Benj » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:16 am

Hello,

Please can you try this and hopefully it should solve the problem for you.

Simply copy the attached file into your "Flowcode 7/Components" folder and restart Flowcode to load the changes.

LED_Starburst.fcpx
(25.25 KiB) Downloaded 31 times


Let us know how you get on.
These users thanked the author Benj for the post:
Pactor (Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 pm)
Rating: 5.56%
 

Pactor
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Contact:

Re: Starburst Display

Postby Pactor » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Thanks very much, I didn't expect such great service and have it looked into so quickly.

It all loads to the microcontroller fine now.

I was using a different chip and had assigned different outputs to the segments, I tested all the segments out for crossed wires with a little
test program and all came on in the expected order. I then tried the Matrix test program using the new segment assignments but the display was completely scrambled, I suppose changing the outputs to the segments is not a good idea.
I am only experimenting with it. Thanks again.
These users thanked the author Pactor for the post:
Benj (Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:16 am)
Rating: 5.56%