Start Simulation in Macro

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 7 here

Moderator: Benj

Jay Dee

Start Simulation in Macro

Post by Jay Dee »

Simulation is helpful but once your Flowcode gets to a certain size.. especially if there are lots of user inputs, such as through a menu structure, it can take a lot of effort just getting to the bit you want to test.
It would be great if you could select a specific macro to simulate.
I appreciate the user would have to have all the contribution variable correctly set for it to be properly representative. But it would allow us to quickly test section of code.

An advancement on this would allow you to loop that macro simulation to repeatedly test, you may then need the option to have fixed starting values for some variables and variable that hold any change to their value in each loop.

Sound sensible? or have I missed something, aside from breakpoints.

PaulNe

Re: Start Simulation in Macro

Post by PaulNe »

Hi Jay Dee,

I agree that would be nice, yes. Currently, if I want to test a specific macro I just copy it to the start of my main flowchart and step through it from there. However, the ability to choose a specific macro, and give it a set of sweeping or fixed parameters would be a nice feature I feel.

I'll add it to the potential features list!

Thanks

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Start Simulation in Macro

Post by Steve »

I could see potential issues with doing this, and so I'd suggest simply adding a "call macro" at the beginning of your "Main" macro which calls the function you wish to simulate. If you follow this with a "loop forever" or a breakpoint, your simulation will stop once that macro has been executed.