DMA Channeling

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 7 here

Moderator: Benj

Brendan

DMA Channeling

Post by Brendan »

Furthering the power of Flowcode 7, itself supporting 32-bit micros with extended hardware features, I'd like to throw in DMA Channeling:

My rambling thoughts suggest a DMA component, enabling the user to individually nominate DMA channels afforded by the device for hardware-driven data piping direct to RAM, overcoming possible blocking processes, buffer limitations/overflows, etc..etc.. Incidentally, I recall that the PIC32MZ... can even generate an interrupt on user-defined data terminator strings - among other things, that might also feature in such a component.

Best regards,
Brendan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: DMA Channeling

Post by Benj »

Hi Brendan,

From some of my past industrial projects DMA is a highly useful tool. However making a component that could work with many chips scares me a bit. I'll add it to the list as one to investigate as it would be very handy to have.

Brendan

Re: DMA Channeling

Post by Brendan »

:D

Thanks Ben... Scares me too, though just early food for thought for the more capable 32-bit PICs in particular.

We'll be running DMA for some of our projects, with C blocks managing available registers and memory space on these devices. Perhaps my rambling DMA ideas will shapen up once we've played a bit further.

All the best,

Brendan