I2C Keyboard Controller

A forum where Flowcode v7 user created components can be shared, discussed and reviewed.

Moderator: Benj

johnsondav

I2C Keyboard Controller

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone
This project will enable you to build an intelligent I2C keyboard controller for a 4x4 keypad (16 key). It can be extended to 42 keys and is fully customisable to suit your needs/application. It has a poll time of under 1ms and at transfer rate of 100khz on the I2C bus. Full construction details are included for the keyboard controller; FC7 component and working example of its use. It will also help further development to build a full 80+ keyboard controller.
I have included all the necessary files for construction in a zip file - sorry, but there are several files, more than what is allow in one post. If you have problems I will post them individually if you prefer.
Completed Devices & Component.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 311 times
Here is the tutorial to help with the building: This is the devices specification:
Keyboard Controller Specification Pinouts Ver2.pdf
(321.34 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Regards
Dave
Last edited by johnsondav on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnsondav

Re: I2C Keyboard Controller

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone

These are updated Eagle PCB files that have been amended to match the Flowcode project. They are contained in this zip file, as these file types are not allowed to be uploaded to the forum:
Eagle PCB.zip
(55.06 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Here is the updated Specification with new PCB Layout:
Keyboard Controller Specification Pinouts Ver2.pdf
(321.34 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Dave