FC7 v7.0.0.4 'hang' (not 'crash')

A forums to allow resolved bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be stored and marked as resolved.

Moderator: Benj

triokenwood

FC7 v7.0.0.4 'hang' (not 'crash')

Post by triokenwood »

Working on what is becoming quite a massive FC project, with several user macros, I had FC7 'hang' several times this afternoon - all with the same behaviour, but all triggered by totally different actions (all of which could not really be specifically identified).

The 'hang' was such that it was not possible to 'Save' - a real heart-stopper because, eben though I know that I should be saving every 10 seconds (!!!), how many of us take the time to stop and save - especially when we 'are on a roll' bashing out code! It was not possible to do most things - although sometimes it was possible to select the different macro windows, and it was also possible to change the zoom factor (mouse right-click on the code window background). It was also possible (most of the time) to scroll around the code window itself (so I was at least able to grab screenshots of the macro that I had been working on since the last save.

What did solve the problem was simply to click on another program running on the PC (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Quad-core cpu, 8Gb RAM, 16Tb of storage). Then, clicking back into FC7 solved the problem every time.

Now I am hitting CTRL-S every couple of minutes, and then 'File - SaveAs' about every 15 minutes, or after any significant code change). I don't think I am being paranoid (but they ARE out to get me!!)

Cheers,
Bill

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: FC7 v7.0.0.4 'hang' (not 'crash')

Post by Benj »

Hi Bill,

Hopefully this has now been resolved with the 7.1 update. Hitting Control + S is now second nature to me after years working in the industry. I even try to do it when writing blog articles via my web browser and have to keep remembering that it doesn't work like that.

I don't think we have got the auto save feature in yet but it's on the list for the future.

triokenwood

Re: FC7 v7.0.0.4 'hang' (not 'crash')

Post by triokenwood »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for that - I have just downloaded and installed the v7.1.0.0 patch, and will look out for this happening as I start using the new version.

Cheers,
Bill