Update Error

A forums to allow resolved bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be stored and marked as resolved.

Moderator: Benj

acestu

Update Error

Post by acestu »

Hi Guys,

When i checked for updates it said that there was a patch available, however when i downloaded the patch and ran it this message came up:
update.png
(23.35 KiB) Downloaded 3983 times
Thanks
Stuart
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Update Error

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Stuart.
The patch is only for Flowcode V7.0.0.4.
Since you only have V.7.0.0.0 you will be best downloading full version V7.1 by logging on to the main Matrix website and select

Code: Select all

Download FC7 Install
It's good that you have posted this as a bug since there is no information informing of this and the full version rather than a patch should automatically downloaded.

Martin
Martin

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info, I will downloadit now ....

Stuart
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Hi acestu,

I admit that the patching system in Flowcode is not that great. The patches only work for the previous version only and so if you miss a few updates then you have to download and install a series of patches in order to bring yourself up to date with the latest version.

I can tell you that there has been some discussion about upgrading and improving the way the patching works but currently there is no date set for when this is going to happen because there are some other very important features that we want to add first.

Simon