FC7 Professional - Add Test DeBug Pack Fail - [Solved]

A forums to allow resolved bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be stored and marked as resolved.

Moderator: Benj

johnsondav

FC7 Professional - Add Test DeBug Pack Fail - [Solved]

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Guys

I take it all back. FC7 sucks. Just come to the final stage of my project and ready to go through testing & DeBug. So, I have purchased the 'Test & deBug' pack to add to my Professional Licence. I have lost ALL OF MY PURCHASED PACKS.
Flowcode added pack Activation Fail.jpg
Flowcode added pack Activation Fail.jpg (92.33 KiB) Viewed 12202 times
No displays; comms; nothing. I have tried on-line activation; manual activation; restart computer. This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit Anniversary. It looks to me like I have spent all this money to get a free version of FC7.

Help Please

johnsondav

Re: FC7 Professional - Add Test DeBug Pack Fail

Post by johnsondav »

This is really not funny with Windows 10. I assure you there is something not right with Windows 10. I have shut down the computer, waited and tried again. No luck. Went through the activation process, re-started computer and low and behold its working. Got everything back. I'm lost for words. Apologies to all who read this but, if there's anything to be learned here, Windows 10 is at best - a strange beast.

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Now this is getting interesting. This has definitely happened during an 'Update'. These have just appeared after the problem I was having with FC7:
Update Restart Required1.jpg
Update Restart Required1.jpg (64.88 KiB) Viewed 12194 times
Action centre Warning
Windows update warning
Windows update warning
Update Restart Required2.jpg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 12194 times
I would suggest anyone who intends to install software, Windows is not in the process of updating.

Regards
Dave

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone

Just testing the 'Code profiling' feature of FC7. Its brilliant. There's a feature which is not stated in their Wiki page which is the percentage use the code gets. However, its is available from the drop down menu as shown here. If I've missed it somewhere in your literature I do apologise. However here is where I found it:
Code Profiling percentage use feature
Code Profiling percentage use feature
Code profiling.jpg (79.58 KiB) Viewed 12154 times
An apsolutly valuable aid to programming, more than I was hoping to get. :D

Best regards
Dave

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting us know and I'm glad you got everything up and running. I'm relieved to know it was not a problem with Flowcode, although I know that was not much consolation for you when you were having the problem.

If you do run into issues, please get in touch via the forum - we're usually quite quick to fix things when problems occur.

Glad you like the code profiling too!

Regards,
Steve.

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI Dave
Win 10 is a nasty beast when it decides to do it's own thing, one thing i did to stop a lot of it's weirdness was to disable most of the built in spyware, since then my pc has had a lot less hissy fits,
Go to options , select privacy and disable most of the items on the 13 pages of settings, what it does is effectively stops your pc randomly sending data to microsoft, which in turn seems to reduce the load on your pc.

One of the best things for me was to disable cortana and never use microsoft edge.

If you havent seen the privacy settings before it's amazing just how nosey win10 is ;)

Also go here and opt out of ads from microsoft

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Dazz

Thank you for your kindly advice, very much appreciated. I will study your suggestions carefully with my next 'Fresh' install due soon. I have had someone give my PC a thorough motherboard diagnostic test including hard drives, just to make sure there was nothing sinister going on. Regrettably there was. The system hard drive was beginning to show an increase in 'Read' errors and an increase in temperature. This was a sure sign of the hard drive beginning to fail (Windows 10 was doing its best to compensate, they think). It's a rather dated computer, so I have therefore invested in a new PC (to be build soon in the coming days). I cannot afford any further risk of total system failure, which may be just round the corner. :(

Regards
Dave