Missing Console

An area to discuss 8-bit PIC specific problems and examples

Moderator: Benj

kurt_k

Missing Console

Post by kurt_k »

Hello,
I have been wanting to try some simulation on my code - some basic RS232 simulation. I have tried repeatedly to use the console in conjunction with the data injector to simulate some input. The problem is that I cannot see the console anywhere on my screen. I have tried to reset the views(restore window layout) to no avail. Is this now part of the debug package/add on? Is the console something that needs to be programmed into my code? If so, are there any examples that I see? I click on the "Console" in views and never have any luck bringing up the console. If anyone has any suggestions or can point out what I am missing, I sure would appreciate the help. I'm currently running v7.3.0.5.

Thanks

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Missing Console

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Kurt,
Have you seen this post?
Martin

kurt_k

Post by kurt_k »

Okay, I looked at the post. Just so I'm clear in my understanding, the Console feature is indeed a part of the Test/debug package. I do not have that package in my license window. Thanks for clarifying this. I could not figure out where the console was and thought that I had deleted or closed something I shouldn't have. I will look into getting the test/debug package soon.

Thanks again.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

your welcome.
In my opinion the console is a very important part if using RS232.
I have never developed a flowchart involving RS232 without using console.
Martin