dsPIC33EP512GM710 CAN bus stopped working

An area to discuss 16-bit PIC specific problems and examples

Moderator: Benj

lexicon
Flowcode v5 User

dsPIC33EP512GM710 CAN bus stopped working

Postby lexicon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am

More than a year ago I did a bit of work with CAN on the dsPIC33EP512GM710 and I had some issues with the speed configuration (see viewtopic.php?f=69&t=19843).
However I did get everything to work eventually.
Recently I began a new project using the same device which also needs CAN bus support, but I can't get it to work at all.
This lead me to go back to my first project to see where I was going wrong, and it 'appears' that some library file or similar update has stopped the CAN working.
If I use my original .hex file everything is fine, but when when I recompile it, the new .hex file is quite a bit smaller (26.6k rather than 28.7k) and the CAN appears to do nothing. No errors are produced during compilation.
The only thing I know that has changed in that time is that I have downloaded the 7.3 updates - unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to back up the changed files first.
I have a feeling that it is possibly the PIC16BIT_CAL_CAN.c as I did once download the version given in this thread viewtopic.php?f=69&t=19898 and that stopped the CAN from working.