FlowCode Version Converter and Viewer

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

mytekcontrols

FlowCode Version Converter and Viewer

Post by mytekcontrols »

You know how you see all those image viewers on the web, many of which can convert from one format to the other (i.e., jpg to png). I was thinking it would be great to have a lightweight FlowCode Viewer App that could not only view a FlowCode program no matter what revision level it was (V1-V6). But could also convert from one format to another and save the result. The viewer would be particularly nice for sharing ongoing projects with clients, where there isn't a need for them to be able to compile, and that they don't want to install a substantial program just to view the code source. I would also think that something that was stripped down to simply a viewer could load very fast.

The conversion aspect would also be nice for when you see a useful code example for download, but then later discover when you are trying to open it that it isn't compatible with your version of FlowCode (not all of us have a need to upgrade to V6). Anyway just my 2 cents.

- Michael
Michael St. Pierre
FlowCode V3&V4 Pro Registered User
Manufacture: Heat Load Controllers,
and a variety of other widgets.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: FlowCode Version Converter and Viewer

Post by petesmart »

Hi team,

I would like to add my support to this idea.... I use my iPad quite a lot to view the forums, I would be great to view charts on the iPad...view only would be ideal...

I understand that MM have a lot on at the moment, however this would be great feature..

All the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

mytekcontrols

Post by mytekcontrols »

Thanks Pete :)

I would like to add that the viewer aspect is the most important aspect of my request. Conversion would probably be very difficult if not near impossible if you tried to span too many versions due to additional functions that got added along the way. But with a viewer that would work with all or most of the different FlowCode versions, you could at least figure out how to implement the code within the functions you do have, whereas without the ability to see someone else's code you really don't have a clue. And yes I know downloading the Free Trial version of a later version would give you this viewing ability for newer version files, but if i already have a working earlier version on my computer that I'm happy with, i don't want to take the chance of corrupting it.

- Michael
Michael St. Pierre

mytekcontrols

Post by mytekcontrols »

Bump Bump...

It would be nice to get some feedback from someone at Matrix on this topic :wink:

- Michael
Michael St. Pierre