help for a heater automation control

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

chuck51

help for a heater automation control

Post by chuck51 »

Hi !

For the end of the school I have to create a king of automatic heater control with flowcode V4, sorry for my bad english (if it is) i'm not english but french and this is the only forum about flowcode that I found.
So basically the heater must heat until the temperature reach 19°Celsius and then stop, the program is pretty simple until there, i made a decision when temperature >19°C the microcontroller bit of heater is 0 et when the temperature <19°C the bit is 1.

But now I must make a program where the heater doesn't heat until the temperature decreases to 17°C until it reach 19°C en then it stops heating.

So to sum up :

Electric heating drived by the microcontroller entry heat until 19°C then it stops heating.
The temperature in the room decrease to 17°C then the electric heating heat again until 19°C.

I've spend many hours on it but I can't find how to do it, I didn't even know if you can do this with flowcode. My teacher told me to create a variable which is 1 when the heater is ON and which is 0 when the heater is OFF but i didn't understand anything :/

Thanks to help me
Last edited by chuck51 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jordy101091

Re: help for a heater automation control

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi chuck51,

I want to help you, with any troubles you encounter.
But since this is a school project, you will need to do all the work, I and all other members of the forum are here to assist you.

So before I start to think with you, you would need to do the following.
First you need to look search the WWW for hysteresis.

Then what you need to do is try and implement this into you existing program, if you did not start working on you program then this would be a good time do so.
And attach you program to the forum so I can have a look at it.

And last, you need to provide more information, such as what controller are you using, what type of temperature sensor, Digital or Analoge Are you planning to use a Lookup table or do you want to calculate on the fly.
these are all relevant for us to help you the best we can.

I hope you are not spooked by this, but understand that when it comes to school projects the student must do all the work.

Regards Jordy

PS. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them. :wink:

O by the way, everything is possible with Flowcode. You only need to know how to do it :twisted:
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

chuck51

Post by chuck51 »

Ok so I made some researchs and the hysteresis is exactly what i'm looking for.
But how to apply it on flowcode ?

I'm on holidays now so I can't put a screen of my program but i downloaded a demo of flowcode V4 for pic (which I use in my school) and i've redone the program, here what it looks :
N.B : I didn't remember which PIC microcontroller I use so I put one randomly it's something like 16F8XXXXA. It's a digital sensor (I think?) and we made the circuit on ISIS Proteus. I couldn't answer to everything you asked because I'm quite new to flowcode and I learned everything by watching my teacher and making my own experience. But even my teacher doesn't know much the software I had to find the ratio between the temperature sensor on ISIS proteus and what is displayed on flowcode. I find 7 for 17°C and 8 for 19°C I don't know how the ratio is calculated?!

This is not exactly right because I haven't the ISIS proteus program but the form is the same.

Again thanks for your help I have spend 12 hours I couldn't understand what my teacher told me maybe he don't even know what "hysteresis" means :D (it's really not his area he can't help me much).

Jordy101091

Post by Jordy101091 »

If you teacher doesn't even know what hysteresis is then, :lol:
But hé who needs a teacher if you have the good old books and the matix forum :wink:.

I can tell you one thing and that is I have never studied electronics, all the things I have learned is basically self-taught, by reading books from my dad, watching youtube videos and asking a lot of questions on the forum.

Anyway, back on-topic

So what I will do is create a basic / starting point to implement hysteresis into you heating controller application.
based on the information you gave my I cannot do much but its enough to get me and you started.

some time tomorrow I will upload program where you can build on.

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

chuck51

Post by chuck51 »

Hi Jordy :D

Edit

Thanks for your help everythink works good.