How to compile a 10F200 program in V6.9

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

stewartbaker

How to compile a 10F200 program in V6.9

Post by stewartbaker »

I wrote a short program for a PIC10F200. However, when I went to compile it I find that it is not supported by the BoostC compiler. Grrr.

Reading previous threads I note that the HITEC C complier is needed. That seems to have been replaced by the XC8 compiler. This I have downloaded and installed, but don't want spending a lot of time experimenting with settings.

My question is this... Will some kind person please help me with what to put in the Compiler Option boxes, so that I can get on with my project ?

Many thanks in advance.

Stewart

Kenrix2
Flowcode v5 User

Re: How to compile a 10F200 program in V6.9

Post by Kenrix2 »

I could not find a link to HITECH C 9.83 either. This might get you started with that compiler using V5: http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... ers#p55495

stewartbaker

Post by stewartbaker »

Thanks for your help Kenrix2. I have tried all day, but kept getting a variety of errors.
Programming PIC10's using Flowcode should not be this hard !

Completed the project using my old faithful OshonSoft software.

Flowcode is great. Unfortunately, I am finding it a bit like a flashy car. The colour of the seats keeps changing and new chrome work is added, but it is still missing the basics - like a reverse gear... e.g no breakpoints in ICD etc.

regards

Stewart

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I'm afraid I don't have a good answer to solve this for now. The XC8 compiler is a lot like the HiTech compiler and might work out the box but I have not checked this. We are currently in talks regarding compilers so hopefully I will have a better solution soon.