Flowcode V7

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode V7

Post by Steve »

There is a light and a dark theme. Most of the images we've produced use the dark theme because (in our opinion) it looks nicer. But the light theme has a better contrast and should be fine for those who don't like or find it difficult to work with the dark theme.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hello Steve ,

Yes the Black theme is very nice, looks very PRO, any hints about the prices of Flowcode 7 ?

I don't know the prices but i was thinking that if it is worth it , would be nice if we can Pre order it now and take advantage of the Present GPB/Euro currency :)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We've adopted a modular pricing structure for FC7, so you pay for the parts you want. We'll have a lot more information for you next Monday, and hopefully the exchange rates will have settled by then.

gtc

Post by gtc »

Revamping look and feel is fine, as long as you have fixed the reported bugs in V6, especially those related to simulation.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Is there anything in particular you would like to see relating to the simulation?

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

How will lisencing scheme work on "on the field" programming machines/laptops, will we need internet access peridiocally to check valid licence or will the system be the old "activate once"?
Ill just keep the good work up!

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

Is ti possible to add an Auto Save Option

Thanks

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

EtsDriver wrote:How will lisencing scheme work on "on the field" programming machines/laptops, will we need internet access peridiocally to check valid licence or will the system be the old "activate once"?
For paid-for licences, activation should only be required once. We are looking to implement a free 30-day trial, but this will likely require internet access for continued use.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Alan_37 wrote:Is ti possible to add an Auto Save Option
Yes, this is something we hope to have.

gtc

Post by gtc »

Steve wrote:Is there anything in particular you would like to see relating to the simulation?
Would like confirmation that the bug associated with breakpoints not being honored in simulation has been fixed.

It has been reported here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16688

... and should be on your bugs register -- if you guys maintain such a thing (I hope you do).

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

gtc wrote:Would like confirmation that the bug associated with breakpoints not being honored in simulation has been fixed.

It has been reported here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16688
I've just checked and that was fixed in v6.1.3 of Flowcode. It also works fine in v7.
gtc wrote:... and should be on your bugs register -- if you guys maintain such a thing (I hope you do).
We use Jira.

gtc

Post by gtc »

Steve wrote:I've just checked and that was fixed in v6.1.3 of Flowcode. It also works fine in v7.
Thanks!

Haven't fired up FC for a while so didn't realize that 6.1.3 was available.

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi Steve

If i may suggest something i always wished in flowcode , sometimes when debugging with
simulation and you go step into 50 icons than an if statement and you forget to set the variable
of that if statement the simulation proceeds the wrong way and you have to stop and start again :?

I know this may not be something simple to implement but would really be nice if we have a step BACK in to icons

Thanks

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Alan_37 wrote:I know this may not be something simple to implement but would really be nice if we have a step BACK in to icons
Thanks for the suggestion.

That does sound like an interesting improvement, but I can't think of a simple way of implementing it. It's obviously too late for V7, but I'll keep it on the list for consideration in future released.

Regards,
Steve.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Steve wrote: For paid-for licences, activation should only be required once.
fine
Steve wrote: We are looking to implement a free 30-day trial, but this will likely require internet access for continued use.
hi steve,

does FC7 have a Free Version like the FC5 free version with code limitation and so..
or is the limit for the free version then 30 days like FC6 and extra require internet access for continued use?
or is the require internet access for continued use then need, if user test more as 30 days and this is then the free version without limitation?

thanks
nice weekend!
@benj hear you away from desk a couple of week, so have nice holiday and come back asap intact and well again ;-)

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Rudi wrote:does FC7 have a Free Version like the FC5 free version with code limitation and so..
or is the limit for the free version then 30 days like FC6 and extra require internet access for continued use?
or is the require internet access for continued use then need, if user test more as 30 days and this is then the free version without limitation?
The free version will be similar to V5 - there will be limitations on which chips can be used and how many icons/macros/components are available. We also hope to have a 30-day trial which will require internet access during the 30-day period.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Steve wrote:
Rudi wrote:does FC7 have a Free Version like the FC5 free version with code limitation and so..
The free version will be similar to V5 - there will be limitations on which chips can be used and how many icons/macros/components are available. We also hope to have a 30-day trial which will require internet access during the 30-day period.
thanks, this helps a lot to organice here internet at offline places next week for the last option if you have a 30 day trial then.

only a simple question:
if FC7 is out, we can buy it then same time or do we must wait for a next time that is possible then to buy a "full professional version" ?
and if we can buy, we can do this key account same way in FC6 then? ( David ? ) ( append a FC7 key then in our FC6 account ?)
sorry for the detail question but i am next next week ( 11 july ) outside too couple of week and i would take all infos that i get outside too,

ps: and we can install it parallel to our FC6 version and FC7 do not change our FC6 install?

thanks!
best wishes
rudi ;-)

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Rudi

heres a post from steve a few days ago and should answer your last question

Regards

Dazz

Steve wrote:
stewartbaker wrote:Will the V7 Beta package be standalone ? That is to say can it be removed without affecting V6 ?
We probably won't be releasing the BETA to the public. However, V7 will have a functional free version which will be useful for small projects and for new users to evaluate the product. It is totally independent of Flowcode V6 and you can run both side-by-side without problems.
stewartbaker wrote:I want to check that long standing issues such as breakpoints have been finally fixed before committing anymore time or money to FC.
We're looking into that issue with ICD breakpoints at slower sim speeds and hope to resolve it for the release. Are there other issues you are particularly concerned about? I've reviewed your forum posts and I see we have resolved the other issues you have reported.
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Will the 64-bit architecture be supported with this new version? (To get all the juice out of our 64 bit rigs and all the RAM dedicated to the Flowcode... ;))
Ill just keep the good work up!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

EtsDriver wrote:Will the 64-bit architecture be supported with this new version? (To get all the juice out of our 64 bit rigs and all the RAM dedicated to the Flowcode... ;))
No - not yet. There are still parts of the codebase that need to remain as 32-bit for now. Sorry.

RobH

Post by RobH »

Finally! Finally will have back the ability to compile PIC10F! We lost that sometime during v6, and I've groaned ever since with lost revenue...

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Last edited by Rudi on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Rudi

were on GMT here give steve and the team a chance :), is your pc set to singapore time :lol:

Regards
Dazz

Rudi wrote:
Steve wrote:..We've adopted a modular pricing structure for FC7, so you pay for the parts you want. We'll have a lot more information for you next Monday, ...
The fanfare are available - where is the purchase and download link :mrgreen:

best wishes
rudi ;-)
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Rudi wrote:The fanfare are available - where is the purchase and download link :mrgreen:
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 54&t=17796

Alan_37

Post by Alan_37 »

Hi

If we buy a Licence for Example without DSP , is it possible to later upgrade it to unlock the DSP function
with the same price of GPB 30 ?

Thanks